• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Benteng, Bonens, Bochen lot of trimpots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2011
From the Bourns web site: https://www.bourns.com/support/about-us/history#:~:text=In 1952, Bourns patented the,requirements on a global basis.

"In 1952, Bourns patented the world's first trimming potentiometer, trademarked Trimpot®.
Bourns' dedication to excellence ensures continuous improvement of its products and services
to satisfy customer requirements on a global basis."

"Bourns® and Trimpot® are registered trademarks of Bourns, Inc. and may be used only
with the permission of Bourns and proper acknowledgement."

Reactions: 2 users
Trimpots are trimmers that change resistance when you change wiper with screwdriver.

I think that some usa people means every english word in electronics is usa patent.

I think that moderator will need to involve here and give a asuslover a yellow card as he is spaming this thread that is for selling stuff.

I put pictures of product i sell, there is reduced price and if you want to buy you will send pm if not you skip this thread.

You put Borns in circuit, and adjust current, measure voltage drop at resistor it works.

Then you put another brand in circuit, adjust current and measure voltage drop at resistor, and it works.

So for members that want to pay 5x more price that other brand please do.

I sell very nice and workim trimpots for fine adjustment of resistance at 5x lower price and they work same as more expensive

People think that all what is from usa is gold but it is not. Usa shipping and product are too expensive.

Why should i buy iphone for 1000 euro that usa makes in china that i can buy chinese xiaomi that is 350euro middle model and all is working fine.

So people that pay 1000 euro for iphone thinks that are smarter that android guys.

Today when inflation is high in the world, it is very important that price is low and that it works.

My trimpots are all checked on dmm and in circuit and it wirks fine for lower price, if you have money to buy higher cost trimpots you are welcome.
That's true, but if you are a manufacturer regularly installing 1000's of trimmer pots in your products, you really want to go with an iso9000 registered company with a proven record of reliability & customer support. For onsie-twosies, an off brand may well work since it's easy to replace a non-working pot when you have so few to worry about.

Reactions: 1 user
"Trimpot" is a registered product name for Bourns trimmer potentiometers; trimmer potentiometer is the name you would use for all non-Bourns ones. But you know, "Trimpot" kinda got pressed into service as a generic term for the adjustable resistive devices in a way similar to the way that "Kleenex" got used as a generic term for any facial tissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.