Why do people part pieces off amps they sell on ebay?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I really dont understand why the hell people always remove all the set screws and regular screws from amps they sell on ebay.. WOW those 4mm x .7mm screws are expensive... 100 brass grub set screws were $4 online and at menards... Those brass screws they pull from amps just cause they have a square washer? Why ? Use a pan head screw in brass, they were a WHOPPING $6 for a 100! And the one that takes the cake is the XTANT amp I just bought they removed all the jumpers inside! 100 2.32mm hard drive / cd rom jumpers was $3!!! C/mom thats just silly.

I understand the side covers for Rockford amps and stuff. Annoying really I pay more for a non working amp or used amp if its got the covers but anyway... Rant off..

I used to watch installers when they had gear issues just toss gear about and no concern about screws, and such. So parts got lost and misplaced all the time just by plain arrogance of the typical installer and his bad attitude towards other peoples property. Plus people that break this stuff actually don't understand how they broke the item, so its easy to see how they don't see any significance about all the little parts involved with the device... Its almost like their null and void of everything accept their toy is broken, and can't look any further down the tip of their nose to see any other possible issues with missing parts and what not...

Thanks God for good tech's though as we always come thru and supply them with replacement parts they didn't know they even needed WOW ! Keep up the great work guys and understand nothing really changes with time except your age and waist size LOL LOL LOL..
People will always be people no matter what, and missing parts will always be the case in the repair business....

I installed car audio professionally from 1989 to about 2004. I took another job full time for Toyota in 2002. Still did car audio for the same shop till 2004 until 80 hours a week working got to be too much. I always gave the customer back all the parts in the box back that I didn't use. Din sleeves. Keys. Screw packages etc etc. all the way down to the styrofoam and the wrappers. Of course I had the treat it better than your own car mentality, something that's LONG GONE. Hell we installed car audio when there wasn't no adapters or interface modules. We figured it out the old way. The new guys are monkey match the colors. Lol.

We should list out a chart of what amps use what screws and thread pitch.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.