Rockford Fosgate type RF-X6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone
Again here with this amplifier, which produces some doubts ...

Opening it, I found three power FETs, charred, specifically the right of the first picture.
I checked the other three, and look good, I checked several more components, drivers, resistors, and look good, too.

I installed three new fets feeding (picture two) at the site of the charred, I connected the cable remote, and no, I have also connected the oscilloscope, at the gate of the FETs of the first group on the right, (photo three) and the second group is below (picture four)

My question is: What do you think of the waveform of the picture three is it normal that at the bottom have a triangular shape?

Attachments

• DSCN3906.JPG
    DSCN3906.JPG
    770.3 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN3930.JPG
    DSCN3930.JPG
    745.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN3921.JPG
    DSCN3921.JPG
    891.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN3923.JPG
    DSCN3923.JPG
    906.8 KB · Views: 86
Again, Perry, you were right, there was a driver that was open, so I spare the waveform now looks great (see picture), oh, and I adjusted the oscilloscope!

I connected the B +
I connected audio input
I connected a speaker output

The sound seems good (maybe a bit distorted ...)

But without volume, without audio, background noise on the speaker, as a high-frequency hiss ...
In the audio output with the settings, I have 0,136 volts, is this normal?

Attachments

• DSC_0732.jpg
    DSC_0732.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 78
No, I tried it with a normal speaker, full range, therefore, the noise is more noticeable ... anyway, after 10 or 15 seconds, then connect the amplifier, noise, lower half. ..

Just try it with the woofer, my home cinema, and the hiss, it is virtually nil.
Again, thanks for the help, Perry.

And yes, I will adjust the oscilloscope in DC for my next measurements.
I still have a way to go, with oscilloscope ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.