Sure Electronics New Tripath Board 4*100W class-D Amplifier Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Dougie085, Thanks for the earlier help. How do I bridge the inputs on the board? If you could explain the process in detail that would be a lot of help! And also maybe referencing a photo of the board, and where on the board to do this exactly, etc, thanks! I just put an offer on a board on ebay!

Thanks again!

Hi Dougie085, Thanks for the earlier help. How do I bridge the inputs on the board? If you could explain the process in detail that would be a lot of help! And also maybe referencing a photo of the board, and where on the board to do this exactly

Should look like this:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi, Thanks so much, Dougie085 & DarpMalone! I really appreciate all of your help, a lot!! (I may need a little more when it arrives) :), I'm about to order one from Sure electronics on ebay.

Four speakers is way better than two! I have my Paradigm Monitor 3's, playing at the same time with my Definitive Technology DR7's. A great combo! Driving these is my Sansui 8900ZDB, one sweet sounding receiver. It produces a wide, deep soundfield, clarity, lots of articulation, very liquid sounding, coming from a black background! Sound familar? Yep, Sansui had kinda that Tripath sound with this line of receivers made only in 1981 and 82, and then Sansui went downhill forever the next model year. They solved some earlier problems with the new DC SERVO AMPLIFIER in this last line of receivers and a few other new things, but they still included their Great quality Pre-Amps that Sansui was known for!

I was looking at these other two amps on ebay, along with the 4 channel Sure, and also the Power Supplies to power them! (below).

I have another question for you two, and anyone else, Which power supply looks/is better for these 2050 based amps?

Thanks again!!

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=320-316

OR

Meanwell S-350 W 27V DC 13A SMPS switching power supply - eBay (item 130404662809 end time Sep-25-10 23:56:13 PDT)

I am looking at these also:

TK2050 Hifimediy 2*80W CLASS-T TRIPATH T-AMP Board ALPS - eBay (item 130406075583 end time Sep-29-10 20:35:35 PDT)

TK2050 Hifimediy 2*80W CLASS-T TRIPATH T-AMP Board ALPS - eBay (item 130406075583 end time Sep-29-10 20:35:35 PDT)

Fader and Master-Volume for 4x100W

Hi,

I will be going abroad soon, and I am currently figuring out my sound system to take with me.

So far have planned to use a pair of Fostex FE126E I still have in conjunction with a woofer. Maybe take my 2-Way speakers with me also, but they are kind of big.

I would like to get a 4ch sure amp, and feed it with a minidsp to do the crossing and probably some equalization.

Could anyone explain to me, how i could implement a Master-Volume pot and a fader between Sub/Sat on the side of the amp? I guess I need a 4ch 100k log potentiometer for the master volume. I could find out how to exactly do that by myself.
Or is there a way to change the gain of the amp, without actually getting in the signal-pathway before the amp? Like some sort of "Put a pot between these two jumpers, and bob's your uncle".

The Fader is not clear to me however. I would like to have a pot, that in center position gives equal signal to Channel1/2 and 3/4, and when turned attenuates either ch1/2 or ch3/4 (depending on direction of turning of course). I guess in the end that would be nothing else but 2 2ch pots, one reversed relative to the other, with the first half of their way being 0 attenuation. Is there anything on the market, that already does this sort of thing for me?

Thanks

Robin

Hi, Thanks so much, Dougie085 & DarpMalone! I really appreciate all of your help, a lot!! (I may need a little more when it arrives) :), I'm about to order one from Sure electronics on ebay.

Four speakers is way better than two! I have my Paradigm Monitor 3's, playing at the same time with my Definitive Technology DR7's. A great combo! Driving these is my Sansui 8900ZDB, one sweet sounding receiver. It produces a wide, deep soundfield, clarity, lots of articulation, very liquid sounding, coming from a black background! Sound familar? Yep, Sansui had kinda that Tripath sound with this line of receivers made only in 1981 and 82, and then Sansui went downhill forever the next model year. They solved some earlier problems with the new DC SERVO AMPLIFIER in this last line of receivers and a few other new things, but they still included their Great quality Pre-Amps that Sansui was known for!

I was looking at these other two amps on ebay, along with the 4 channel Sure, and also the Power Supplies to power them! (below).

I have another question for you two, and anyone else, Which power supply looks/is better for these 2050 based amps?

Thanks again!!

Sure 24 VDC 14.6A 350W Regulated Switching Power Supply | Parts-Express.com

OR

Meanwell S-350 W 27V DC 13A SMPS switching power supply - eBay (item 130404662809 end time Sep-25-10 23:56:13 PDT)

I am looking at these also:

That sure electronics PSu from PE is just a mislabeled meanwell.
The higher voltage you go with the meanwell, the better the sound will be at higher volumes (more headroom)
I recommend the 27v meanwell/36v meanwell turned down

The 24V supply that PE sells can be turned up to 27V. It might even be the same as the 27V one you see on ebay?

Can you turn down the 36V far enough to get down to 27? Mine doesn't seem to have a lot of adjustment room.

Also how do you measure DC offset? I'm guessing put the meter on mV, then measure it at each channel output? I don't see any adjustment pots visible? So how do you adjust it with this board? Mine seem to be quite different, Ch1 is 15mV, Ch2 is 26mV, Ch3 is like 18mV, Ch4 is 35mV. Something like that.

Hi kickngas,

Thanks, I'll look at the tube buffer. I have to decide which one of these I want to go with first, but I'm probably going to get all 4 amps over some time that I posted plus the meanwell 27v power supply, and the 11-14v power supply arjenhelder is selling on his ebay store.

I was only getting the 4x100 sure, and a power supply. I am leaning towards getting the 4x100 sure board first. But, I have gotten side tracked with those other two 2050 amps.... and now the MKIII kit, and power supply.

I'll give an update when I order it.

Hi All,

I posted this on the original TK2050 thread but this seems more appropriate.

I've bought a 4x TK2050 for an outdoor portable/battery powered speaker project for street parties and festivals. It basically just needs to be loud enough to instigate a spontaneous outdoor dance party, efficient/good battery life and as bassy as possible with very little concern for hi-fi quality in this case. I have a 12" speaker from a 60w fender bass amp (don't think it's particularly efficient) and a bunch of other random assorted speakers I plan on using. I currently have a 12v 80ah battery which I'd like to use if possible, but I'll consider investing in something else if need be.

I'll admit I'm a bit of an amateur, but I'm scratching my head about a few things... and I'm unsure as to what the best parts to buy would be from here on...

Firstly, since this is the 4 channel version, would it effect power consumption if I left 2 channels unused?? what sort of idle power consumption could I expect from unused channels on this amp?

Also..

- what sort of power output could I expect running this on 12v? Is the difference between 12 and 24 really that dramatic with this amp?

- If I did need 24v, is it essential to pair my existing battery with an identical one? or could I get away with using another random 12v battery with similar specs?

- If identical batteries are recommended... what sort of battery life could be achieved with 2x of those cheap 12v 7.5AH batteries running in parallel to produce 24v? Are these adequate in terms of amperage or should I look for something better?

- would it be possible to extend battery life by connecting 2x 12v solar panels... if so, what would the ideal output of the solar panels be?

- will this amp handle assorted speakers of different impedence on different channels?

- Could I use the amp while charging the batteries from AC using a regulated battery charger? would this substitute as an AC power supply or is this damaging to the batteries?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.