Presenting the Trynergy - a full range tractrix synergy.

I did find this, I do not know if it is already seen somewhere.

Attachments

• Avant_00.gif
    Avant_00.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 424
  • Avant_01.gif
    Avant_01.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 422
The sims of the tractrix do show a smooth response. Is tractrix same as spherical? I think they are different.

I do not know, but see it and thought place it here, I have never play with it but maybe it is interesting to try, now you but maybe me, you have enough work here.

But spherical is maybe the grandpa of the tractrix, a lot experimentation was going on long ago where amps are give just 1 watt at most.

A lot of respect for the people who did it without computer and more respect that in these modern days more then 100 years later still people are exited.

I gonne look at it, I have received the visatons yesterday, the cone is 7.1 mm how big is the cone of yours? your mouth was square, read that it is better round go into square with tractrix.

I have done the following for mouth dimensions with visaton, diagonal I need
4.9 cm to get things right, that is 24cm2 visatons are 7.1 cm diagonal, so corner to corner can not be bigger that 4.9 cm, did I right that way?

regards

kees

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Kees,
No need for all those segmented curves in there - the TH won't know the difference and you will have an easier and more sturdy build. The first section at drivers is critical as it controls compression ratio. After that you can have more slop and no idea horn angles and it's not a big difference. I use a folded bass horn with mine and they sound great together.

Kees,
No need for all those segmented curves in there - the TH won't know the difference and you will have an easier and more sturdy build. The first section at drivers is critical as it controls compression ratio. After that you can have more slop and no idea horn angles and it's not a big difference. I use a folded bass horn with mine and they sound great together.

I already did discover that, I did sim a exp horn therefore I did this because of better sim, but it is of not much use making thing only more complicated, now hornresp can also sim damping making it useable, hornresp can also sim tractrix however without the wizard.

This is only model, I make one who are standing so I have more room like in corners. I do not now if I have to make two or one, because she are quite efficient.

How can I change in akabak inches to mm/cm? just remove *0.00254?

here the sim of a long standing TH. also a sim of a passive eq because I go analog, will go work, except TH these needs a own amp (high damping amp)..

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_453 Jan. 26 16.15.jpg
    ScreenHunter_453 Jan. 26 16.15.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 327
  • ScreenHunter_234 Sep. 07 14.28.jpg
    ScreenHunter_234 Sep. 07 14.28.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
If defining variables with the Def_const block then units are assumed to be meters. This to convert you inches to meter multiply by 0.0254. However, in actual statements where a dimension is expected like a vent length Len=3.5cm (add unit). Can also be m, mm, in, ft, etc.

Little shortcoming of akabak then if rest can be mm cm etc, but here I can use 0.010 for 10 cm, inches are difficult here in holland als wood is mm/cm like thickness.

I have just sim the very old phillips woofers do quote oke in a synergie horn making 2 way possible, afcourse only with compression driver, and I like a normal speaker like you did, and so go try that way.

thanks.

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_465 Feb. 02 16.20.jpg
    ScreenHunter_465 Feb. 02 16.20.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 134
  • ScreenHunter_466 Feb. 02 16.20.jpg
    ScreenHunter_466 Feb. 02 16.20.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 121
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Little shortcoming of akabak then if rest can be mm cm etc, but here I can use 0.010 for 10 cm, inches are difficult here in holland als wood is mm/cm like thickness.

I have just sim the very old phillips woofers do quote oke in a synergie horn making 2 way possible, afcourse only with compression driver, and I like a normal speaker like you did, and so go try that way.

thanks.

kees

You misunderstand - akabak is natively metric. It is smart and can accept either metric or English units in statements defining elements. Up to you which to use. In global variables it only accepts metric which is why I convert inches to meter.

You misunderstand - akabak is natively metric. It is smart and can accept either metric or English units in statements defining elements. Up to you which to use. In global variables it only accepts metric which is why I convert inches to meter.

Ahh oke, then I go change that for more comfort, I have never play with writing akabak script so I did not now it

regards

I go drawn the horn.

O yes one thing left

I get error van tractrix calculator. but do work I think it calculates but is it oke..
I did download this calculator also from you fro tractrix and give the same error when start
after save it is over, look it recover things.

see picture,.

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_463 Feb. 01 12.12.jpg
    ScreenHunter_463 Feb. 01 12.12.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Ahh oke, then I go change that for more comfort, I have never play with writing akabak script so I did not now it

regards

I go drawn the horn.

O yes one thing left

I get error van tractrix calculator. but do work I think it calculates but is it oke..

see picture,.

kees

You may want to download fresh copy from Volvotreter site as that looks like one I edited.

Wel load and save do cure it but do not now if it is oke, it looks oke.

is the excel file of yours with 175Hz cutoff the horn you did make here?

I try to get it not to big. and yours looks good.

One thing is somewhat unclear for me, the heigth and width, looks just
like width is heigth because width is smaller, it is not problem because it
will when drawn get always right except it looks strange.

O and yes I do study now akabak, but with 58 years memory get not better
(also ears).

regards

Last edited:
Yes the 175Hz sheet is mine as built. I scaled that horn down from 3.75in throat to 2in and it works fine too. In the sheet the height and width may be flipped. Some people use these horns with curved walls up and down and flats on sides.

So you get a horn closer to 300 Hz then 175 you can also do fill in 2 inch and do it in one go?.

I need to make a new because I use different speaker, I use two bass not four like you.

I go try phillips with horn, have 4 of them, old 1976 types

regards

kees

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Yes, I believe the scaled akabak script with 2in throat is posted earlier and you may have used it. I used the 3FE22 and TC9FD with it. One thing I am learning with woofers is if you place them too close to throat, the pressure they generate feeds back and modulates the full range. May be do what Danley does - add a shorting inductor across fullrange to stiffen its suspension at low freq coupling from woofer.