• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Not a bad question. With Miero's Botic BBB image (check link below) ,the BBB will be able to use external clocks, like with the S03 board, I'm pretty sure this will only benefit the I2S output. I don't think this image supports the use of external clocks via the GPIO header, in combination with a USB connected DAC, at least I've not seen anybody do this.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/258254-support-botic-linux-driver.html

Thanks for the help. I figured that too but I am just not so confident of my findings. Got to do more readings.

My DAC (before i build one) accepts usb, coax and optical as its input. It is pretty hard to look for USB isolator and reclocker, it might not even exist as far as i know. I think the best way for now is getting the S03 and channel it to spdif output board.

Hi guys!

I'm trying to solve the problem of considerably loud "pop"s during PCM/DSD format changes. These pops also occurs during seeking playback position on DSD files. Is this a common problem with Amanero that solved by users somehow? CPLD is 1080 and firmware is 1096c. I'm not using an isolator yet.

Thanks in advance.

I am building a new DAC and have ordered an ACKO isolator reclocker that will feed my BIIISE via an amanero. I am also wanting to have the standard SPDIF inputs. I'm a bit confused as to whether the the SPDIF will still work given I have to remove the power from the BIII onboard clock to get the reclocker to work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi guys!

I'm trying to solve the problem of considerably loud "pop"s during PCM/DSD format changes. These pops also occurs during seeking playback position on DSD files. Is this a common problem with Amanero that solved by users somehow? CPLD is 1080 and firmware is 1096c. I'm not using an isolator yet.

Thanks in advance.

Domenico noticed me by saying that there is a special firmware for AKM dacs named "1096akm". I flashed it and pops don't occur anymore.

Can someone give a list of clocks that are compatible with the reclocker? Are there any cheaper clocks that would work?

Thanks,
Chris

This is what I was told;

You may use Crystek's CCD957s for clocks for this previous version boards. 45.1584/49.152MHz frequencies to handle up to 384kHz PCM. If not going beyond 192KHz try 22/24MHz types as these have even lower phase noise.
Hope this helps and good luck with your projects.

I am building a new DAC and have ordered an ACKO isolator reclocker that will feed my BIIISE via an amanero. I am also wanting to have the standard SPDIF inputs. I'm a bit confused as to whether the the SPDIF will still work given I have to remove the power from the BIII onboard clock to get the reclocker to work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Reclocker to DAC can work in different ways. It can supply the master clock to DAC or you can use the on-board clocks of your DAC. See the App notes.

What is your Spdif Fs max?

Reclocker to DAC can work in different ways. It can supply the master clock to DAC or you can use the on-board clocks of your DAC. See the App notes.

What is your Spdif Fs max?

I studied the AKL-S03 Digital Isolator/Re-clocker PDF you sent me but it mainly seemed to revolve around using the reclocker with a BBB or Rpi, which I'm not using.

As I will be connecting the Amanero to the BIIISE via your Reclocker I will have to connect the Reclocker MCK (adjacent to R1) to the BIIISE EXT_MCK input and for that to work I understand I have to disable the BIIISE clock by cutting off it's power supply, but if I do that the coax SPDIF input's wont work.

With the coax SPDIF it's unusual for me to play anything over 96khz but with the Amanero I was wanting it to play DSD & right up to the 384khz PCM.

Is there another APP Note I should read.

I'd be interested to know something about this
smart display
ADVANCED Smartphone-Like Graphics with 32-bit System control

Probably the end game for me is to have a DIY standalone system that contains a HQ DAC, Valve Output Stage, onboard SSD & HQ screen/interface so I can disconnect myself from the world (if I want) and have all my music on one device. Getting HQ displays for DIY use seems to be a challenge.

Last edited:
I studied the AKL-S03 Digital Isolator/Re-clocker PDF you sent me but it mainly seemed to revolve around using the reclocker with a BBB or Rpi, which I'm not using.

As I will be connecting the Amanero to the BIIISE via your Reclocker I will have to connect the Reclocker MCK (adjacent to R1) to the BIIISE EXT_MCK input and for that to work I understand I have to disable the BIIISE clock by cutting off it's power supply, but if I do that the coax SPDIF input's wont work.

With the coax SPDIF it's unusual for me to play anything over 96khz but with the Amanero I was wanting it to play DSD & right up to the 384khz PCM.

Is there another APP Note I should read.

The concept is the same, just replace BBB with Amanero or any other compatible sources. See pics for the possible connections. In both cases spdif can be handled the same way as you are currently using. No need to switch clocks between I2S and Spdif operation. Since S03 clock for your build is 50M the Fs max for Spdif in the "Sync Mode" setup will be limited to 96kHz

Attachments

• Sync Mode.png
    Sync Mode.png
    443.3 KB · Views: 348
  • Async Mode.png
    Async Mode.png
    441.8 KB · Views: 333
I'd be interested to know something about this
smart display
ADVANCED Smartphone-Like Graphics with 32-bit System control

Probably the end game for me is to have a DIY standalone system that contains a HQ DAC, Valve Output Stage, onboard SSD & HQ screen/interface so I can disconnect myself from the world (if I want) and have all my music on one device. Getting HQ displays for DIY use seems to be a challenge.

Thanks for your interest but these are for commercial projects only at the moment because we are talking about 1K+ quantities + costs that are beyond the scope for typical DIY use. But I will keep you in mind if anything suitable becomes available :)

Well this is my plan;

I assume the power for the Amanero side of the isolator will be supplied by the Amanero, or do I need a separate supply?

The PDF is more readable :)

Attachments

• Setup.JPG
    Setup.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 15-08-03 DQ DAC III Control Setup-Model.pdf
    606.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Well this is my plan;

I assume the power for the Amanero side of the isolator will be supplied by the Amanero, or do I need a separate supply?

The PDF is more readable :)

Excellent :up:
I haven't tried powering the Amanero separately but guess there will be not much difference since all gets isolated and reclocked on the clean side.

Mounting Amanero on the S03 is fine but I would think it is best to try out by simply wiring-in initially. This also gives the option to suspend the S03 as indicated here =>

Excellent :up:
I haven't tried powering the Amanero separately but guess there will be not much difference since all gets isolated and reclocked on the clean side.

Mounting Amanero on the S03 is fine but I would think it is best to try out by simply wiring-in initially. This also gives the option to suspend the S03 as indicated here =>
Try separate power supply anyway. But try decent one with dedicated ftransformer. For me there is a difference. And don't forget to cut pcb wire.