New tweeter for the 2.5 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have posted a paper on the implementation of the ScanSpeak 9500 tweeter to replace the 8513 driver at www.members.chello.se/jpo/.
A redesigned crossover eliminates the need for a notch filter.
Also some comments and measurements on speaker setup.

New crossover for 8535+8513:
I have redesigned the v3 crossover to eliminate the notch filter. For those interested mail directly to troels.gravesen@danisco.com.

:) regards Troels

It is incredible how much work you have put into tweaking the Proac Clone! I'm beginning to think that there is far much more work put into this "TD Proac Clone" than Proac ever put into creating the original speaker :cool:

I really hope that version 6 of your document will contain more detailed buidling specs such as drawings etc since the "TD Clone" is quite different from the average Proac Clone in that it has a sealed compartment for the tweeter and much more bracing.

One thing that I have thought about, is to round the edges of the front and also decrease the width of the speaker and compensate by increasing the depth or the height accordingly, but this is perhaps pointless :)

Wonder what kindof changes to the sound there would be if one used the shielded version of the woofer since I'm going to use it for home cinema setup. One interesting project would be to create a center speaker for the Proac as well...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.