ACA as 5W guitar power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I know that this topic should be propably in "Instrument amps" forum, but this forum is more relevant because of the design and designer.

I would like to tweak the ACA amplifier for mixed-mode feedback to better mimic tube amplifiers.

I don´t know if I have connected correctly the feedback paths and how to calculate the resistors with question marks to obtain same voltage gain to the 8R load as original - 14dB of gain.

I have found some document how to calculate resistors values for mixed-mode feebdack, but don´t know how to appy it to ACA topology

Thanks.

Attachments

• ACA 5W SE MOSFET.png
    ACA 5W SE MOSFET.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 537
  • mixed mode gain.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 77
I think I have it done. I have simulated schematics in Multism and both types of feedback are set to reduce total gain evenly, they are mixed in 50 to 50 ratio. Closed loop gain of the amplifier is unchanged - 5x. Don´t know how much output impedance is raised.

Attachments

• ACA 5W SE MOSFET.png
    ACA 5W SE MOSFET.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 496
Latest schematics

Hi,

here is the latest schematics of Amp Camp Amp modified as guitar power amp.
Apart from little tweaks I have added presence filter control as many guitar preamps do not include it. For more bass increase 1uF after opamp. It sounds great!

Enjoy.

Attachments

• ACA 5W SE MOSFET Guitar.png
    ACA 5W SE MOSFET Guitar.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.