Some crazy guy with an Elmo HP4K-DX and a Z110

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everybody!

My name is Bob. After lurking around this lovely diy projector forum for a few days, I finally hopped on e-bay made a few purchases. Given my relative noobness, I took the economically painless route and got some lower end stuff to experiment with before I go crazy with it.

All prices are in USD.

1. Elmo HP4K-DX ($49.00 + $20.00 S&H = $69.00)
The cheapest 4000 lumen projector I could find. Seems pretty common, cheap bulbs are definitely a big plus.

2. nVIEW Z110 ($39.99 + $18.79 S&H = $58.78)
I was looking for a Z115, as I have read many good things about them. I could only find a Z110, I'm assuming that it isn't dramatically different. Does any one have any experiences with this particular panel? I haven't been able to track down very much information on it.

So for the low price of $127.22 I've purchased a few new toys. They should be arriving in the mail within a week or two. I'll post pictures when the time comes :)

Have any of you experimented with some of the wiimote multitouch white board hacks, such as http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/? If I get this projector working, I believe that may be my next toy.

In the mean-time, tips, hints, and experiences that any of you have had with any of this particular hardware is greatly appreciated.

Bob-o

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.