Transformer Questions & pics (56k-beware)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Transformer Questions & pics (56k-beware)

I have an old microwave transformer and I measured the secondary output at 52 volts. This secondary doesn't have a center tap. Would I be better off using a single supply instead of the +26 -26 I may be able to get by rewinding? Is there a way to tap the secondary whithout rewinding? I also have some pics of the transformer so I can get conformation of my measurements and confirm the HV secondary, so that it may be removed.

Thanks.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.