Balanced Zen Line Stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys!

Thought I'd show you how my new BZLS looks like...

Attachments

• bzls_1.jpg
    bzls_1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 4,362
are all the plastic ties for resonance control?

what type pots are you using?

do you find one transformer adequate?

amazing work... i don't know how you do it. I've done point to point work on all the tube equipment i've built, but i've had a nice wiring diagram to follow :rolleyes:

thanks for sharing!!

Thanks Duck- Twacy!

It is pretty much standard, a few mods to suit parts available, the junk box and my own preferences and not atleast to fit everything into the rather small enclosure (224*283*40mm):

-The regulator is floating, ie no zeners. ~55/50V unreg./regulated. C101/102 is 10000uF.
-Gain is ~12dB, but easily changed.
-No P1 & P2, 22,1K ohms fixed resistor instead. Same goes for P5, currently 390 ohm.
-P3 & P4 is 10K ohm.
-R1-6 is Caddock MP930 (750/1500 ohm).
-All electrolytics are bypassed with 0,47uF Rifa MMK.

I guess the pictures pretty much tells the rest of the tale...

Oh, I almost forgot: The sound is:

:lickface: :spin: :yes: :c_flag: :drink: :drink: :drink: :nod: :happy1:

moe29 said:
are all the plastic ties for resonance control?

what type pots are you using?

do you find one transformer adequate?

amazing work... i don't know how you do it. I've done point to point work on all the tube equipment i've built, but i've had a nice wiring diagram to follow :rolleyes:

thanks for sharing!!

The plastic ties holds the caps in place. The reason they are double are to isolate them from the chassis so they don't short (if isolation breaks) or get too hot. It shure doesn't hurt in terms of resonance. I like my parts firmy in place whenever possible.

Pots are DACT CT2-10K-4 see www.dact.com input selector is CT3-5-4/w

One transformer in just fine

Thanks!

I have always done my projects p2p, so it's quite natural for me..

Duck-Twacy said:

How many hands do you have :)

You must be very patient. Do you first solder the parts together and then build it into the chassis? Looks like a big 3d puzzle

-Only two hands :)
-It is a mix if different techniques. Some parts are assembled before they go in, and others are assembled in the box.
-My strategy is to not plan myself to death, but rather make a rough plan, then see what fits best when i get the actual parts to play with.
-Also, I have a VERY patient girlfriend :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.