• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2008 Maxon Motor Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2008 Maxon Motor Group Buy
Hi. I'm starting this new thread for a new group buy of Maxon Motor and PCB Controller because there was a lot of demand for it after the 2007 GB was closed.

However, It will be a much simpler project this time with only PCB / Motor / Pulley offering, you do the rest. So, I repeat, simpler this time, no parts kit, no partial kit, no tape, no motor pod or custom plate. Sorry but the previous GB was a logistic nightmare and very time consuming.

To let you know, I already have 8-12 members interested.

I would need 25-30 orders for the PCB (PCB minimum order is 30) and 20 orders or more for the motor.

This project comes with an extensive documentation. Please read the 2007 Maxon GB thread for numerous discussion, project history and a lot of info. All these informations is compiled into the latest documentation version 1.4, soon available on Bas Horneman website. I'll post the link when available.

The previous group buy prices were:
Here are the price breaks for motor 110191 a-max 26mm

1 $250.00
2 $125.00 each
3-4 $106.70 each
5-19 $83.90 each

PCB, my own version (2.0) of Mark Kelly design, with integrated battery charger, leds indicators, etc... was 30$ each with optional gold plating. All previous members agreed that it was a very nice PCB and liked it.

Greg Nuspel worked very hard to design and produce a custom pulley for it. The custom pulley is needed to support both 33/45rpm speeds. It may be possible that he contributes for an other run of pulleys, but it is not sure. The current controller support 33rpm speed using a standard Teres Tape pulley that you can buy directly from Teres Audio. The custom pulleys were 25$ each Tape or String Drive. I would like to keep it to just one type of pulley this time, to simplify Greg's life and reduce options as possible.

We will see if there is any interest. Feel free to email me.

Thanks...

Dent, all the info can be find at last year thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109934&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Latest documentation: http://www.basenjes.de/tubes/data/sb/TT_Motor_Controller_SB_Doc_Ver_1.4.pdf

Original Mark Kelly GB thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76634

Original Mark Kelly controller discussion: http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~quiddity/audio/DCbrushed.html

I got the price for the PCB, same as last year, 30$ each, gold plated.
7 days production time.

I asked for the motor price breaks up to quantity of 50. No reply yet.

Group Update:
Algar_emi 1 PCB
Greg Nuspel 1 motor
Giordano 1 PCB + Motor + Pulley
jims 1 PCB + Motor + Pulley
Neil_Kaye 1 PCB + Motor + Pulley
SKlimek 1 PCB
Sidd 1 PCB + Motor + Pulley
Spica 1 PCB + Motor + Pulley
Toaster 1 PCB + Motor

Total:
8 PCB
7 Motors
5 Pulleys

Group Update:
Algar_emi 1 PCB
Greg Nuspel 1 motor
Ligascon Motor
Luvdunhill 1 PCB + Motor + Pulley
SKlimek 1 PCB
Toaster 1 PCB + Motor

Total:
9 PCB
9 Motors
6 Pulleys

I need to get organized. Time to start an other Excel file...

We would need around 10 motors and at least 20 PCB's to think about closing the GB and making the order. I have a minimum order of 30 PCB's and I need to pay all of them from my own pocket. There is a good chance I can sell the 10 left since it seems to be a popular project. However, I'm doing it at my own risk.

So, at the end it depends on how fast people joint the group. But, you're right, if in about 1 month, if there is still not enough interest, the GB won't probably happen. So joint now, this is not a promise to buy the stuff, just an interest.

There won't be any turning back once the parts would be paid by you and me, but until then, there is no problem.

So, can we count you in? If yes, send me an email.

Thanks...

Just received the motor price breaks. They are slightly higher than last year. These prices are from the Canadian Maxon distributor:

1: 140$
5: 110$
20: 95$
50: 80$

These prices are U$ and don't include taxes and custom/delivery charges to my home. Also, since I'll be paying with my Credit card that is in $CAN, currency exchange variation at the time of payment will also apply.

So, we are back I guest to a minimum of 20 motors/PCB to make this GB possible. We have all the prices now, we are just missing the orders ;)

Group Update:
Algar_emi 1 PCB
Greg Nuspel 1 motor
Ligascon Motor
Luvdunhill 1 PCB + Motor + Pulley
SKlimek 1 PCB
Toaster 1 PCB + Motor
whubbard 1 PCB + Motor + Pulley

Total:
10 PCB
10 Motors
7 Pulleys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.