Ace_3000....pictures of Projector?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If anyone can help...

I was reading the threads by Ace_3000 and I'm curious to how his projector is set up. I haven't seen any pictures or drawings of it. Does anyone have any pictures of it, or something like it?

I have the standard 4,000 lumen ohp, spectra plus and convertor, but I want it to be brighter. I have a 400w Mh that I used before, but the setup wasn't too good as the ohp.
So any ideas and suggestions are a help.

thanks,
Newpaltzwonder

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
new

heya new, the setups i make are small setups, i dont do ohps nor make the larger sized projector's, just my preference and room capabilites for keeping things small, if you are going to stay with the ohp route i sujest giving the ohp a 250w mh retrofit that should sort out your light problems, ive also got pics of my old projector in the diy projector II thread i think it starts from about page 74 from memory, there should also be a diagram there too of how things wer set up abit later on in the pages, the new one im making is a much better item and alot more modern looking, higher reso and contrast, aswell as a brighter whiter light system, the light system in the new is alot more of a technical setup ive implicated a honeycombe design insulation and cooling system for it and eliminated all light leaks, the constrution of the overal projector is much faster and easier than the previous with the only tools you would need being a router, drill, screw driver, trimming knife and a good set of eyes, constrution time at this stage on the new proto type looks to be in the 3weeks total mark, but as in a kit form it would take a couple of days if not 1, anyway ill post a quick peek of the progress from the otherday, nothing is yet cleaned up nor finnished and the internal components are just sitting there, also this projector is getting made out of clear plexi, the blue colour is the protective coating that will get peeled of last, take a note as its also sitting on the plan.

Trev

Attachments

• 1023_0000-2.jpg
    1023_0000-2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 20,037
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
ebay its a wide screen its not xga native, its 800x480 native but its a hell clear screen when i tested it before the rip, great colours also, its also vga, time will tell what the projected little screen is realy like, but even just in testing it ive noticed the differences in vga compared to video inputs and u just cant beat the vga quality, the contrast on this screen is 200:1 and the speed is 30ms, i didnt see any ghosting or scrolling when i tested it so maybe the speed is faster, i tersted it also on a few 3d first shooter games and it looked mighty fine but ill keep u updated on how it goes.

Trev

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
eh

ive also got a 800x600 native 6inch coming also, thats a 4:3 ratio the specs on that are basically the same but more colours, its out of an old infocus lp220, trying to beat the koreans here so im crossing my fingers this design turns out fine, all of the optics are set right and measured out properly to the plan i drew up, ill be using a diy labs 80mm short focal triplet for the lens as the focal on this one is abit short.

Trev

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
few more pics

well here is a few more pics, the lcd unit isnt finnished yet but getting there, the first pic is with the unit upside down and you can see the lcd mounted inside, the bottom is clear at this stage as i am working out the mounting holes for the bottom plate, also it still has the protective coating on so the unit isnt as shinny as it should be in the pic, the holographic silver on the angles i added for abit of a twist, when the light is in a certain angle the angles are polished silver, in the right angle all comes to colour, i thought id try this as somtimes normal pollished silver can be a bore and also a projector is a colourful machaine so i thought the hell with it lol and if i dont like it i can always change it. also in the following pics u will see a clear fan there, that is not where it goes but i put that there for a size comparison so some of us can get a estimated size, the fan size is 80mm.

Attachments

• 1028_0011.jpg
    1028_0011.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 12,521
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
top veiw

and this is the top veiw, the mirror inside will be at the 45deg angle to the right and the lens will come out of the front small square most in here would have already guessed that, the lens will be mounted in this part while also will be going through the clear one peice wall of the projector front casing yet to be fabricated, as u can see in this pic the front angle is not done with holographic covering.

Attachments

• 1028_0021.jpg
    1028_0021.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 8,743
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
inside of light path

this is the inside of the light path, u can see the center line that will follow right from the center of the reflector, to the burning arc, through the condenser, frensel, lcd, mirror, and finally the projection lens, if u care to look to the top right the holograpgic stuff seems to look like it has a bubble in it but its not, it is the clear or blue protective coating, the frensel will be mounted this week and as other components arive will be mounted also ie diy labs triplet and a high quality fs surface mirror cut to size, also on hold at the moment is my light, it should be here friday so ill update pics of the light engine as im progressing on it, hope these pics helped and kept u amused or interested.

Trev

Attachments

• 1028_0015.jpg
    1028_0015.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 8,409
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
top and bottom

well today i rounded the corner's of the bottom panel and cut the top panel and rounded the corners on that also, in the next 2 pics u will see the projector starting to take shape and u will also start to see the design of it coming to shape, the top panel is just sitting in place but that is the overal dimensions of the projector hight , length and width.

Trev

Attachments

• 1029_0001.jpg
    1029_0001.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 8,145
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.