Best replacement transistors for this amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I hope this isn't a problem that I borrow your threat.
I was hoping that someone could tell me what would be the best transistor(mosfet) for my amplifier. It's an car amp and ia has 200W on 4 speakers. A friend gave it to me becouse he broke it. I've found the problem (a trasistor was blown). and i want to know what would be the best replacement or even better how much stronger could I make it. :D
thanks

Attachments

• FILE0141-Optimized.jpg
    FILE0141-Optimized.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 293
  • FILE0146-Optimized.jpg
    FILE0146-Optimized.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 298
  • FILE0145-Optimized.jpg
    FILE0145-Optimized.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 281
The transistors on your first picture are Bipolars (not MOSFETs) and they are fakes (no name, Chinese crap ... so this is the reason of failure).

You can't really use a different transistor than the current type, otherwise the bias current would be different and it doesn't seem to be adjustable.
One powerful alternative could be e.g. 2STA2120 and 2STC5948, but I doubt that replacing the bad transistors will really help, because certainly other devices are damaged.

Last edited:
nitroboy:

I'm confused, are these 2SB and 2SD types the originals or not ? They aren't isn't it !!

Regarding the general question of this thread, did someone ever try the following MOSFET pair:

FQA36P15
FQA46N15 from Fairchild

These seem to be rather powerful and robust VMOS (planar stripe) type, which are damn cheap, low Crss and can dissipate at least 250W.

They already worked in a prototype of mine, but I never qualified them any further (measurement and listening wise).

I have to replace them anyways so... but don't I have to worry that the pcb could be dameged when the transistor let's trough more amps ?
yes they are original the one on the photo isn't

Attachments

• FILE0151-Optimized.jpg
    FILE0151-Optimized.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.