• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Transformer supplier in Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have decided to have a ago at building a tube amp and have chosen a push-pull using the KT88 shown here. But before I get started I would like to get an idea on how much this thing is going to set me back. From looking at the WES Components catalogue I have an idea on prices for tubes, but I haven't been able to find any suppliers in Aus of transformers. Since this is my first amp I am not looking for anything to flash.

Any help by aussie diyers on suppliers of transformers, valves or any other components would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jye

hi there,

try

www.evatco.com.au

this is where i get all my suplies from. they have huge range of tubes as well as the trannys you're looking for. The guy who owns it is also super nice, and is always happy to help you out.

you can also try contacting the aussie hammond office,

ccookson@hammfg.com

if you want something other than hammond trannys, then i can't help. these are all i've used... not necesarily because they're the best, but just because they're the easiest for me to get.

anyway, hope this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.