• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

im sure the firmware was and is a major pita
but the exchange rate only changed less than 4% in the last 12mts and theres 10$ less resistors on new boards and now your discontinuing 0.05 versions
meaning the base model price is now 35% more
i would very much doubt the difference in the resistor price of these two models is 62e

at 238e for base model is a mile away from the 137e first announced as r2r been brought to the masses

you have me worried your lining up a pricing scheme in an attempt to justify over pricing of the to be released 1121 as well

I don't know where you're buying resistors, but where I'm buying them 0603 1% resistors are around $0.001 each.... And the 0.05% version has not and will not be discontinued, just read the first page on this thread....

But no one is forcing you to purchase anything, if you're unhappy with my pricing there are plenty of cheap DAC's available from China....

I don't know where you're buying resistors, but where I'm buying them 0603 1% resistors are around $0.001 each.... And the 0.05% version has not and will not be discontinued, just read the first page on this thread....

But no one is forcing you to purchase anything, if you're unhappy with my pricing there are plenty of cheap DAC's available from China....

Apologies i was full sure i read a while back that the last batch of 0.05 r3 was going to be the last and discontinued as i had it in my mind to get some more before they ran out
When i went to buy some this morning i noticed the price looked alot different from last time
I was trying to understand why that might be
Then the cat had torn chunks out of the new sofa that was delivered yesterday which has made me more than a little grumpy so there was likely a little misdirection of frustration in there too

A misunderstanding on my behalf

I'll investigate and fix it....
update due to further experience:
The problem in not necessarily only triggered by playback early after startup, you need to hit the right time slot (sample rate seems not to matter). Up to now I would say it is after Lxxx of the previous sample rate and before the L000 of the loosing the look appears. Then it looks to the right sample rate but stays mute. I can then stop playback play something else with other sample rate ... it stays mute.
Usually a power cycle during playback helps to come back to normal operation (after the power cycle I get a short look with playback, then loose look of 1-2 seconds, then look again with playback).
Once it plays it does so stable as long I keep power up.
But sometimes it is hard to get the DAM out of the mute state.

I have not yet tried with other input as USB, as I have no other input readily available without some work, but if needed I could try.

update due to further experience:
The problem in not necessarily only triggered by playback early after startup, you need to hit the right time slot (sample rate seems not to matter). Up to now I would say it is after Lxxx of the previous sample rate and before the L000 of the loosing the look appears. Then it looks to the right sample rate but stays mute. I can then stop playback play something else with other sample rate ... it stays mute.
Usually a power cycle during playback helps to come back to normal operation (after the power cycle I get a short look with playback, then loose look of 1-2 seconds, then look again with playback).
Once it plays it does so stable as long I keep power up.
But sometimes it is hard to get the DAM out of the mute state.

I have not yet tried with other input as USB, as I have no other input readily available without some work, but if needed I could try.

I actually saw the issues while testing, made a change to the code and believe I had it fixed as I couldn't provoke it again. But apparently not....

Apologies i was full sure i read a while back that the last batch of 0.05 r3 was going to be the last and discontinued as i had it in my mind to get some more before they ran out
When i went to buy some this morning i noticed the price looked alot different from last time
I was trying to understand why that might be
Then the cat had torn chunks out of the new sofa that was delivered yesterday which has made me more than a little grumpy so there was likely a little misdirection of frustration in there too

A misunderstanding on my behalf

That's ok, anybody can have a bad day.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I am playing now with the 1.05 and the Party pak from moreDamfilters.
file.php

But not DSD?

//

I actually saw the issues while testing, made a change to the code and believe I had it fixed as I couldn't provoke it again. But apparently not....

Come to think of it this happened to me a few times, but very rarely. Can count maybe 3 times. On two occasions both boards did it simultaneously, another time just one of them. Power cycling fixes things. Again it happened so rarely that I thought nothing of it.

I am playing now with the 1.05 and the Party pak from moreDamfilters.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Vortexbox makes the DSD2PCM on the right way.

How did you get that to work? Did you do some kind of "merge" between the PartyPak and the "stock" 1.05 filters? I was under the impression that the older filter packs do not work with firmware v1.05.

How did you get that to work? Did you do some kind of "merge" between the PartyPak and the "stock" 1.05 filters? I was under the impression that the older filter packs do not work with firmware v1.05.

Soekris said the 0.99 filters will work with the 1.0X firmware (may have been 1.03 at the time).

It would be nice if someone could make a pak that included newnos and dsd.

Randy

I only downloaded the MDF_v99_PartyPak_v1.skr to my DAM1021 ver.1., and updated the DAC, and after that I set the filter to soft.

And I use the Squeezebox server (LMS) from the Vortexbox and set that to DoP, as I did earlier.

Last edited: