• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AckoDAC based on ES9039PRO

Announcement!

In development - New DAC product based on the latest ES9039PRO chip with Hyperstream 4 modulator - claimed to sound significantly better than the previous versions. Multi-channel, with high Fs up to PCM1536 and DSD1024!

Attachments

• IMG_1900.jpeg
    IMG_1900.jpeg
    886.7 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: 1 users
Do you still plan to make a high-end version? With USB interface, better clocks, baseboard etc?

For board above, what would be the interface options for USB? Diyinhk 8 chan board?
What’s proposed is the core DAC module only with I2S inputs, on-board regs for the 9039 chip, I-V conversions 8chnls and a Controller. Pin out connections to users choice of USB Audio/IF, external Clocks, application-specific base board to suit. More on this as we progress later…for high-end options

As for Audio/IF, compatible with most sources like DIYinhk, Minidsp MCH streamer etc. Can also be used with Iancanda’s McFIFO. If you are just after 2ch stereo then Amanero and others can be used. Adapter boards can be supplied for easy connections to this DAC module.

I will of course build a test unit to make sure all works just like what is being done for the AKM dac:)

Last edited:
Clocks, on-board or external options. On board ones, standard low phase noise types-NDK SDA or similar. End users can decide on upgrades/enhancements as desire and budget$ allow😉

Soft mute only, no relays or switches in signal path that will disturb the trace impedances. From previous experience ess dacs not so bad with pop noises from power cycling or fs changes. Careful power sequencing, signal control, output trigger etc, by the Controller also minimises effects.

Buffered Outputs on the module pins can be configured by end users as Balanced, SE, both or mixed as required. More information will be provided in the support.

Individual channel volumes possible, additional costs but was thinking a player like HQP will easily configure these so not part of the standard supply.

Supply requirements-TBA, expecting nominal low power

Last edited:
hi, the ones i remember:
miniDSP mchstreamer USB->I2S https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/mchstreamer
DIYINHK XMOS Multichannel USB->I2S LINK
RaspberryPi5 has 8ch.I2s output
Pine64 ROCKPro has 8ch.I2s output
New I2S 8ch board here od DIYaudio
USB transport I2S 32bit/384kHz here od DIYaudio
so quite a few options :)

probably you'll need some kind of reclocker for i2s signal from Pi5/RockPro (but not sure if needed - just an idea)

but... does any one now any solution that can output 16i2s channels from a USB?

@acko does ES9039pro supports i2s TDM? (then maybe USB transport can be used)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
hi, the ones i remember:
miniDSP mchstreamer USB->I2S https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/mchstreamer
DIYINHK XMOS Multichannel USB->I2S LINK
RaspberryPi5 has 8ch.I2s output
Pine64 ROCKPro has 8ch.I2s output
New I2S 8ch board here od DIYaudio
USB transport I2S 32bit/384kHz here od DIYaudio
so quite a few options :)

probably you'll need some kind of reclocker for i2s signal from Pi5/RockPro (but not sure if needed - just an idea)

but... does any one now any solution that can output 16i2s channels from a USB?

@acko does ES9039pro supports i2s TDM? (then maybe USB transport can be used)
There is one more, called York :)
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...tichannel-input-output-interface-york.413504/

What are available on market variants for 8 ch input?

On board inputs for Implementing dedicated power supplies sre available? Will be there problem with switch on sequence in this case?

Is output stage part of the kit?

Just one input interface type. 8channels I2S/DSD. Depending on use case some or all inputs can be used. More of it in the support later.

Other power supplies to replace or bypass the on-board ones possible. Just make sure these are correct output, start up and stabilise before the Controller activates the chip (~5s), otherwise malfunction or pop/clicks

Output stages integrated on board. Strong Line level signals, can drive Amps directly

I would be in for something similar to Topping DM7 (USB in, 8 channel out via ES9038pro). What I would like on top is the possibility to tweak the distortion registers in the ESS DAC (similar to what IVX of E1DA is doing) and some analog gain control, even if it is only two 10 dB steps via front panel switch or just DIP switch.

I am not sure that ES9039pro is the way to go. IVX found some issues with 10 kHz. Using four pairs of 9039Q2M seems to give better performance at a lower price.

Ok, if I2S is what is in the cards, I don't really know of any viable commercial solutions. Even Aurora DSP has only TDM output.