Android Apps for measurements of loudspeakers

Are there any android apps for measuring loudspeakers?

Be it for free or for money?

I can use a smartfone as source and another one for measuring frequency response and waterfalls.

Distortion is not necessary.

Implemented microphones should be enough linear in the mids where it is most important.

Highs and lows are always adjusted to taste.

The most important region is 200hz to 8khz.

Even if integrated mic deviates outside of this band I will find that easily out measuring well known responses from existing drivers.

I can tell that "Spectroid" is a good tool for getting an impression for frequency response but it is not ideal.

Also you can download white and pink noise signals from YouTube and extract the audio. If you look for "YouTube to mp3 converter" you find the tools online.

Who knows more?

Which apps will do?

I got a Dayton iMM 6, but I had no luck with the measurement due to phone limitations. The idea was to use the SMSL B1 BT receiver and that microphone, but for now it's sitting there waiting for the bether phone. And I have other measuring equipment, so I can compare. Let's say the phone begins to cut the range below 100Hz and above 12kHz, with some peaking at 16k, and in between is acceptable. Now I see that there are new versions of that microphone with a different connections. Maybe a USB connection would give a better result. Mine is TRRS 3.5mm, it goes to the headphone and mic jack.

Last edited:
Wavelet app has a sort of auto eq.

Player apps like jet audio and neutron player have 20 and 60 band eq integrated

Screenshot_20240604_122053.jpg

Neutron Player is very sophisticated!

There is a free version - do not know what is the downside of this (maybe it forgets its settings). The payment would be only something like 9 euro for the full version software.

It has parametric EQ (!) And you can adjust a lot of bands already in the free version.

It offers also Auto EQ with a plugin you have to download.

You measure so you can adjust an EQ.

So integrated EQ and playing white noise signal allows for real time frequency response adjustment by hand.

Tested now spectroid app and it allows for clearing the max hold.

So a sweep from 20hz to 20khz shows F response and for any new look at a done correction I clear the max hold