BRZHIFI TPA3255 balanced XLR modification thread and Teardown

Hi amigos,

I am proposing this new thread articulated around the modification / improvement of the brand new BRZHIFI TPA3255 Balanced XLR amplifier.
I have listed below the stock components >

TPA3255 MODULE :

WIMA MKS Caps (next to the volume pot) = 2U2J63 2.2uf / 63V
Electrolytic SMD no name Caps next to the OP amps = 220uf / 16V
Panasonic FC caps between inductors : 50V / 220uf
Switching Voltage Regulator = TI LM2575S-12
Electrolytic SMD Caps no name next to the Voltage regulator = 220uf / 16V
Power caps next to XLR inputs : 470uf / 50V
Polypropylene Film Capacitors : MKP10 / 0.1-250
Hongfa Relay = HFD4 / 5-S
Sagami Inductors
Volume pot : Alps Motorized Quadrirotor RK168 100K 100KAX4

PSU :

SMPS PSU 36V / 9.5A @342W
Epsilon 400uf / 400V x2
United Chemicon 1000uf / 50V x 4
Stable @ multimeter !

MY UPDATES (all components come from Mouser / Digikey) :

• updated the OPA2210 in DIP8 (genuine from Mouser)
  • changed the 4X SMD Caps Power caps 470uf / 50V > Nichicon Audio Grade UKW1H471MHD 50V / 470UF (8mm x 10.8mm)
  • changed the 3X SMD Caps next to the OP amps = 220uf / 16V >Nichicon Audio grade UCQ1C221MCL1GS 16V /220UF (12.5mm x 20mm)
  • Insulated the Power cables from PSU to Module
  • Add ferrites on Speaker cables
  • The neutral and the phase from IEC were reversed... I corrected it )
  • Twisted the 220V AC cables
  • Added a copper film around the PSU transformer

The stock amp is really good but these little mods improve the sound undoubtedly . Less harshness in the treble, better definition in the reproduction of the bass, an excellent soundstage, mediums are also a bit more natural. The amp remains totally silent even with its volume at maximum. The OPA2210 is a jewel ! I tested the OPA1622, OPA1612, OPA1656, OPA1692... The OPA2210 definitely worth trying! as good of the OPA1656 in term of soundstage but with the best of the OPA1692. This super BETA Bipolar OP amps is really fast with a very low DC offset.

I would really appreciate if someone else could test and make a few more improvements
All good ideas are welcome) For those who are going to embark on the adventure, pay attention to the diameters of the caps and the maximum height!

First picture shows the stock amp.

Reactions: 1 user
Those models are different, I own it. But in my humble opinion, your model must have a problem...
yes, I had seen on another subject that you had the stereo model with the rca.
I do not think that my copies are faulty, it would be a lot of bad luck, I have 2 stereo and 1 mono and on the three models the inductance heat up, whether I connect pure resistors or speakers.

yes, I had seen on another subject that you had the stereo model with the rca.
I do not think that my copies are faulty, it would be a lot of bad luck, I have 2 stereo and 1 mono and on the three models the inductance heat up, whether I connect pure resistors or speakers.

The Mini Gan 5 is using the same inductors on the Red PCB version nothing to report...
If I am not wrong most of the Class D amps are using those Sagami 7G14D-100M

They perform very well regarding their price.

bosc-jpg.768234

index.php

Last edited:
Hi Daniboun.
I'm intrigued by this amp. It might be exactly what I'm looking for. In your first photo, the stock amp. I can see maybe four unpopulated components on the PSU. As indicated by the printing on the PCB.
Might the performance and the sound quality be improved by installing the missing parts?

Hi Daniboun.
I'm intrigued by this amp. It might be exactly what I'm looking for. In your first photo, the stock amp. I can see maybe four unpopulated components on the PSU. As indicated by the printing on the PCB.
Might the performance and the sound quality be improved by installing the missing parts?

Nothing is missing. There a few versions of this PSU. The PCB is more or less populated depending on the voltages and versions available )