• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale Discrete R-2R DAC hat for Raspberry Pi V2.42

Things you have for sale.
For Sale:

Discrete R-2R DAC Hat for Raspberry Pi ( Version V2.42 )

Up to 24bit 384K, non over sampling .
Support Pi 2,3,4, and 5
Distortion 0.004% ~0.005%
Price: USD196.00

The difference between this V2.42 ad older V2.4 :
V2.42 using larger FPGA and most of the job has been done in the FPGA.
No MSB adjustment preset required.
The PCB size is the same as Raspberry Pi, so that I can install \ modified a raspberry pi tower case
Support Pi 5

Shipping via FedEx Priority International, to USA = USD34.00 , Canada = USD32, Most of Europe countries = USD35.00

Please PM if you are interested, Thank you.

** Edit 18 June: 8 pcs has been sold, 2 pcs still available **

Attachments

• V2.42.jpg
    V2.42.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Distortion.png
    Distortion.png
    190.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I can vouch for this R2r board! It’s great. I had the other board mentioned above and couldn’t warm up to it. The inverting output character caused a real mixed up soundstage.

Used with raspberry pi 3+ Volumio, and the battery supply from iancanada. Makes for a fantastic setup that doesn’t break the bank.

Reactions: 1 user
Received yesterday - thanks!

I plan to upgrade the power supply, i2s signals and clocks with (likely) some Ian Canada parts, but even connecting it directly to a Pi3 to test with a new Volumio install, it sounds pretty good with that R2R smoothness. I expect the clarity and soundstage to sharpen up when I upgrade the PS and clocks.