• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gilmore Dynalo amps, two versions built and working

Two types of Balanced Dynalo available, both perfectly built and working. These were proof of concept projects to test the kits and PCBs I also have for sale, and will probably make up another set of each for fun. Both have very well matched output transistors. The two Dynalo versions show the evolution from the original, discontinued through hole BJTs to the new SMD version, same silicon, different package, same great sound.

All versions take BAL/SE in to BAL/SE out, cant remember the spec for these but ask and I will look, the info is out there, they drive all the headphones I have tried nicely. Just a superb sounding amp.

1. Dynalo 'Mini' all in one Balanced & Single ended amplifier (first 4 pics) - Not much DIY left for this kit except to make a nice enclosure, full FPD Express panel files included. This was the solution to micro-size the SuSy Dynalo circuit and attach a whole amp around it. Very neat and compact design. I had this running for several hours and it will get quite toasty, included are extra heatsinks and two 40mm ultra quiet PC fans and 12V reg to experiment with. Also included are some Jfet adapters to replace the THAT340 BJT array chips, a recommended upgrade.

This will play just fine as is, without a case, just plug in the connections and switch on. (in pics there is Kapton tape covering AC area, I fell for that one too many times) If this is your first balanced amp, ask and I can make a pair of XLR balanced cables to get started, with Neutrik connectors and Van Damme OFC Tour grade microphone cable.
  • Switchable SE/BAL inputs
  • SE/ BAL output
  • DEXA UWB discrete regs @ 20V (£50)
  • TKD volume pot (£80)
Hoping to get the cost of the build back, £130 is in the regs and pot so easily another £100 for everything else. Hope that's ok, I'm probably shorting myself slightly.
PCBs also available for this amp.
PCB measures 173 x 122mm.

FPD FILES FOR FULL CASE WILL BE PROVIDED

Price £180 GBP plus shipping (this will be in the region of £15 - £20 most places tracked)

Attachments

• IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    538.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    542 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    512.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG