Giveaway PCBs and pucks for Warbler

Seems not so many specimens of this one around here. ZM tested one don’t know if he still has it and then me 🙂

Practically this is A Big Mofo on steroids.

complete amp.jpg

What about giving birth to another one? Are there any FABs left around?

I am giving away a pair of empty pcbs for the amp, a pair of empty pcbs for the power supply and a pair of ixfn280n085 pucks.

pcb.jpg

1.If you consider you are a FAB you will still need a power supply that can give 26-32v/3.5a for each channel, preferably a 36v 200w smps from meanwell for each channel. I recommend the 36v one, lrs-200-36 which can be adjusted for 32-33V on the output.
2. You will need an inductor that can support the bias current which is set between 3-3.5a so a 4a inductor preferably for each channel. I got mine very cheap from www.Ogonowski.eu
3. You will need a heatsink with a thermal resistance of 0.2C/W at maximum for each channel so a 5u deluxe enclosure for both channels or something smaller force cooled.
4. You will need also a preamp that can swing 20Vpk no matter if it’s a high output impedance valve one, the amp has a high enough input impedance to handle all of them.
5. You will need also all the parts in the BOM.
6. And last but not the least.. you are comfortable soldering smd parts.

Instead of the puck mosfet you can use as gain device a sit like thf51s or the 2sk182es.

Here are the schematics

For the amp
sch amp.jpg

And for the psu
sch psu.jpg

So if you are sure you are going to build this amp make a second thought and if still sure put your name in the list.

How it'll work:
To enter, just copy the list of entrants, paste into a new comment, add your DIYA username to the bottom of that list and post. Tuesday night I'll make a comment saying that entries are closed. I'll take the final list of entrants, paste them into an online randomizer, and the name that appears in the top (#1) position will be the winner.
Because this is a serious build and I don`t want that the boards will be stashed instead of being used, the winner will need to post some pics with one of the requested items at points 1-4. So if you have a pair of lrs-200-36 or a pair of inductors or the heatsinks or the preamp you are good to go.

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 13 users