Got 4FE32, will travel

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, that would likely be easiest and would work.

But it could be little bright. How about small tl to boost 100-200 Hz range. I think X did something like that, have to search for it.

Attachments

• Transmission-line-maze-of-small-3-inch-2-5-inch-speaker-4-inch-bookshelf-speakers-hifi.jpg_640...jpg
    Transmission-line-maze-of-small-3-inch-2-5-inch-speaker-4-inch-bookshelf-speakers-hifi.jpg_640...jpg
    120 KB · Views: 312
I don’t want to spoil your experience, because it’s a fun driver that punch way over its price tag, but I have an issue with the peak/breakup around 8kHz.
It’s easier to see in this measurement than in the data sheet.
https://www.dibirama.it/home-page/largabanda/631-faital-4fe32-16-full-range-4-16-ohm-60-wmax.html
The listening fatigue kicks in after a little while and I simply wants to turn the volume down.

What works for me, is a few thin coats of LTS 50 Coating liquid from Visaton.

On the 4fe35 I settled for 6 applications.

I wish I took better notes..
1718798643873.jpeg

I’m not even sure distance, gating, or anything.
But this is the evolution of adding two or more symmetricaly placed pads per measurement (I think). Each measurement are separated, and it’s not a big loss in sensitivity.

Reactions: 1 users
The 4fe32 I used felt pads actually. That’s a not destructive test you can easy do.
Can you give more info or a link with info of this mod please?

I run 4FE32 (8 ohm) drivers in Tabaq (ML-TL) enclosures with a BSC. No sub needed. My sub is gathering dust. The Tabaqs are floorstanders, so not really travel speakers. But you can always fit some castor wheels to the boxes.