Hakko FR-301 eBay

^ What I am mostly concerned about is how they function, whether or not genuine is a bit secondary at this price. Looking at other offerings on Amazon and elsewhere doesn't instill any confidence in units under $200, with 1 potential exception, Banggood SS-331H.

One thing that ways heavily in favor of the Hakko is that it is a pistol style with no additional Power Station.

Just pulled the trigger, $170, due by 6/24/24! Thanks to @birdbox, @rayma and others, I am convinced that at least many on fleabay are indeed genuine 100V units made for the Japanese market. It is also highly likely that the 100V units will work fine in the US, though if concerned one could use a step down transformer. These appear to be the same ones being offered on Amazon for about $35 more, and while these have received a lot of 1 Star Reviews, mostly due to the units being sold with no mention of the fact that they are 100V units.

I got the 100V Hakko about a year ago from ebay, I can confirm it is legit. I use it with a stepdown, a great tool! I have not tried using it at 120V, i guess it should work well, but lowest temp would be around 400 deg C instead of 350.

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2003
Paid Member
If i looks like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Deso...id=1718577446&sprefix=desolder,aps,145&sr=8-9
It is the first desoldering station I purchased, from a seller on eBay, several years ago. It stopped working and I purchased the Stahl, which was on sale, from Parts Express. Some months later I decided to open the machine and found out the problem was a loose wire, Trimmed and re-soldered it. That first desoldering station still works perfectly. MPJA carried spare parts so I bought a replacement gun and filters for future use.