help! better LPF after DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody
I'm Giuseppe from Italy and I'm opening a new thread for the first time on this forum. I need your help as I'm trying to modify and improve the low pass filter after the converter in my CD-changer, a Panasonic CX-DP60, a very old but well working player.
The converter is MASH 1 bit technology MN6474.
Unfortunately I haven't found its schematic on the web so I tried to identify the tracks and components by using a tester.
You can easily understand that the circuit I put down on paper is not absolutely reliable ....almost...
I'd like to ask you if it's possible to change or replace it with something better in a limited space inside the chassis itself.
First of all I'll show you the circuit I managed to recreate: see the file attached.
As you can see, even if the DAC chip has two outputs, one regular and the other inverted, the signal is taken only from the regular output (+) while the inverted output (-) is not connected.
Moreover the OPamp used here has a SIL package and this makes it harder.
I have never seen a circuit like that.
Do you think I can do something useful and it's really worth to mod it?
thank you for your attention and help in advance guys
Giuseppe

Attachments

• LPF.jpg
    LPF.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 89
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.