High power point source, 8" coaxial?

I have been eyeing this one for a while as shipping from US is very expensive for my location. Would something like this be any good for a decent pair of mains? Does anyone know what type of tweeter this is? If this thing can do well, either hung of 150wrms would be brilliant. The tweeter leads can be separated, and the unit used in an active two-way, which is how I would prefer to use it with DSP

That's another thing that I am getting a bit mixed up with, especially how much power would I need for the tweeter? Would 10w be enough to keep up with the woofer?

Apart from the high power use, how would this coax go with a small tube amp in a different use. I have been looking for a pair of coaxials to use in a battery powered portable with 10w + 10w

https://ds18.com/collections/8-loud...-2-way-midrange-with-tweeter-built-in-275-rms

1717644440687.png

Thanks, I appreciate the tip and review. Its a fairly large investment for me and unsure of my own ability to correctly read this driver

Thanks also for raising the point re the Fs. I took a look at the other sizes and the 9x6” oval version is lower Fs. If this is on sale too then I’ll go with that as I have matching oval SBA passive radiators and I might be able to actually make use of a cab that I spent a lot of long hours designing

Is this a compression type bullet tweeter?

Thanks and regards

The racer version has a lower Fs of 85hz, and they recommend 80hz xover point for both
https://ds18.com/cdn/shop/files/PRO...-abb9-1fc9af201d85.pdf?v=11633398814355062705

If wanting a boost around/at Fs, then ideally a matching impedance tube amp, otherwise PP.

GM
This is the amp, I have output transformers in that listing too. But I may just use a small class d instead in the portable, undecided
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329....order_list.order_list_main.42.3b151802EIwgwY

I think I will go with the PRO-ZT69. This one has very good efficiency, frequency response and power handling numbers together with decent Xmax. Looks like another one folks are have taken notice off as DS18 have also run out of these since I last checked. Luckily, I can still secure a pair or two, Still thinking on whether to do independent cabs as satellite and subs system or a WAW type setup with a 12" driver filling out below 100hz

This also seems like the right candidate for the bidirectional setup that I need for one particular use where I need mid-field monitors facing both the desk and away from it

Curious whether a w=way racer like this is best standing up or laying wide

One pair of high efficiency, high power, point source mains are well under way :) with one pair of drivers to arrive soon. These I will set up with a 2.1 config with a 12" sub and DSP. Best case, they will sound great with the tube amp, worst case, will suffice for deck disco

Projects to trial these with
High efficiency mains for home tube amp
High efficiency, high power mains for deck disco use
High efficiency mains for tube based portable
High power stereo HF section for a one cab type PA (fun part about this will be to mess with toeing and such to best present a stereo image from adjacent drivers)

Will run some sims for a 70Hz ported and PR stereo cabs. If they work well like that and then will mess with the one box setup, the first serious use will be in August running with 2x 120w and together with the new 12" sub running 600w in one box portable format

@weltersys
Trying to figure out how small an amp can the tweeter use match with the woofer getting 150w. Will appreciate your help with figuring out this one.
With no information about the "bullet tweeter" other than it having a 1" voice coil and aluminum alloy diaphragm, impossible to say.

Considering the rising upper response, it probably narrows to ~30 degrees above 10kHz, on axis 1/w/m sensitivity could be in the 104- 112 range.
If it is +10dB more sensitive than the "98dB" mid, it would require 15watts to equal the mid's output at 150watts.

Reactions: 1 user
With no information about the "bullet tweeter" other than it having a 1" voice coil and aluminum alloy diaphragm, impossible to say.

Considering the rising upper response, it probably narrows to ~30 degrees above 10kHz, on axis 1/w/m sensitivity could be in the 104- 112 range.
If it is +10dB more sensitive than the "98dB" mid, it would require 15watts to equal the mid's output at 150watts.
Thanks man. That's in the range of my amp modules on hand