How to disable bluetooth reception on TPA3116 board?

I bought this Board with Bluetooth 5.0:

img_20200816_09315018tjjk.jpg

which works great but unfortunately it is always possible to connect devices even when the 3.5mm Aux is connected.
Is ist somehow possible to disable Bluetooth (preferable temporary by switch
disconnecting antenna or something)

The Bluetooth Chip is an "JL" AS20BP00966-25A4 "JL" stands for ZhuHai JieLi Technology Co (珠海市杰理科技股份有限公司-珠海市杰理科技股份有限公司|杰理芯片)

the chips is likely either an AC6905A or AC69025C (most likely last one because of BT5.0)

the chips would have the following pinouts:

201863011461498090.png
5534324500_1563357318.png

I've removed all the components around the BT ant (caps/inductors) and it still broadcasts the BT name. Tried removing the crystal (replaced all the other components), and it no longer broadcasts the BT name, but it also looks like it disables the entire amp. I need to do some more testing in this state.

Tried bringing those pins 14/15 to GRD, but made no difference.

I wish there was some more info on these BT chips.

I'm having the same problem. Ive even cut the pcb traces to the antenna in 2 places and removed a capacitor. its still somehow working.
I literally removed everything i could except the essential required components to run the bluetooth chip. How is it still able to send and recieve a signal without any wires??
Whats the point of the antenna if its completely unneccessary?
The only thing left is the crystal and some essential other components to run the bluetooth module. I really want to bypass it completely somehow.
My board is similar but with the bluetooth module and antenna in a different place

Only difference is the connection seems terrible now it connects but with crappy sound. being able to block the sound from working with my body or placing a finger on one of the components. with my phone across the room on a shelf.
or with my phone in another room. the connection stays on but the sound cuts out.

maybe I could bodge a 100k or 1mohm resistor somewhere between one of the components and ground? it'd be a horrible fix but might fine anyways.

Last edited:
The crystal is required for the chip to operate :( replacing it disabling it causes the amplifier to no longer work.

I'm not sure which pin is which. my chip might have a slightly different layout.

Only thing I could think of maybe at this point would be putting a couple layers of tape over the chip. then sticking a sheet of foil over the entire chip area. and taping the foil down. and doing the same on the underside.
Maybe a couple layers of aluminum foil would be enough to kill the signal?

I have this BT receiver board.
Maybe TPA3116D2 uses AS20BP00966-25A4 pin18(MUTE) output for muting noise. If do not mute, this chip makes noise during the track transition.

Normally this pin18 is 0V but goes 3.3V when muting active. Thus means power down the AS20BP00966-25A4 then TPAS3116d2 mute will be released. (May be, Not sure...)

Attachments

• HW-407.jpg
    HW-407.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 398