• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

It's remarkable how they can sell these speakers in the US for $299 the pair

JM Vera Fi Scout Revs 400ph.jpg

Here's a ported 2-way designed in the US and assembled in the US from mostly Chinese parts. Sold direct to consumer, the MSRP is $299 the pair. I'd say that they are cutting their profits pretty thin.

I have written a very "Long and Winding Road" review, because my readers like "Long-Form 'Think Pieces'."

At the end of the day, whether the compromises embodied in this speaker will work for you I think can only be resolved by an in-home trial. Fortunately, the maker offers an MBG.

But another way to look at it is, for $299 you get a nice-looking pair of cabinets, and you can either redesign or upgrade the crossover, or throw out all the innards (or sell them) and find nicer drivers to fit the cutouts!

https://trackingangle.com/equipment/vera-fi-audio-llc-vanguard-scout

amb,

john

Reactions: 1 user