Krell KSL-2 Bias Setting

Just did some maintenance on one of these classics. Class A preamp, they run warm. After recap, noticed this one is idling even hotter! There are a number of pots, I'd like to check bias settings, I asked Krell about the procedures and targets - and of of course nothing :).. Anyone have suggestions on adjustment targets for this beast? I measured ~60mV across the resistors. The pots in the center control adjust both resistors, unsure the TPs for the pots on the left.

Last edited:
IMG_9598.png
Board

IMG_9450.jpeg

Krell pre's run upto 10% different bias across channels as they never matched the transistors. I rebuilt a ksp 7b years ago. Recapped it, never touch the bias settings as it wasn't noisy, clipping or unbalanced on output level.

With new caps in of similar esr and capacitance I'd be surprised if it needed rebiasing. Stick it on a signal generator, measure the outputs, trim the hot one to match output level on the cooler one. Job done.

Worth mentioning it'll do 8.7v output on balanced outs before clipping on balanced input iirc.