Magneplaner MG-IIIs Ribbon Foils

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There have been 2 different ribbons. the original one was 1/4" wide and very thin. It was not very reliable and later replaced by a thicker one that decreases the impedance (resistance) to 2 Ohm and therefor it comes with an additional resistor that should be added in series with the ribbon. That ribbon can be bought from Magnepan, a kit with ribbon, shims, glue, instructions etc.

Dropbox - ribbon repair kit small.jpg - Simplify your life

You can also send the whole ribbon to Magnepan. They will send you a suitable container.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

Must admit I was a bit surprised at the the cost of the ribbons being more than sending the whole item to Magneplaner to repair. I live in the UK so I'm not sure how worthwhile that option would be.

When I brought them (some years ago) they did come with a repair kit - minus the foils, which obviously had been used. Thought perhaps the foils might be all that would be needed, but I suppose there would be the glue as well. Anyway, it's good to know they can still be repaired. I should enquire about the repair kit. Pity they don't do contact by email.

Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.