MoFi Sourcepoint8 : The $680 Dannyfication - well spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some measurements ... we see a TroubleCone , missing highs and resonant sound!

Of course Holy NoRez from TeXaZ will fix any airborne nastyness :)

Still worth to buy?

SBA/Satori 7" Coax might be better ...

Any half-good 3way speaker will rip it apart?

Pros & Cons please - this board is thirsty , water us with your wettest opinions!

Sourcepoint 8 - any good or just another fidelity obscurity? (heaven or hell)

just flying by ..

(don't kill Danny he's only the piano player)

Hello Quiet Expert Board!

Saying nothing isn't a bold statement either!

Stay proud about your nothingness , you are the future!

So Danny go on and make some $$$ with your upgrades , no complains , peace and love everywhere :)

Except Andrew Jones , sitting in his money bunker with a grin ...

The next foolspeaker is in the works , somebuddy will milk the mindless crowd again , money will flow and all these juicedevils are having a nice party in Hellhaven :)

Life is strange!

I expect most here have come across Danny Ritchie before and so have little-to-no interest in looking at any of his videos. You might have better luck with an Andrew Jones video if he is chatting about the technical side of things rather than the marketing.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello Quiet Expert Board!

Saying nothing isn't a bold statement either!

Stay proud about your nothingness , you are the future!

So Danny go on and make some $$$ with your upgrades , no complains , peace and love everywhere :)

Except Andrew Jones , sitting in his money bunker with a grin ...

The next foolspeaker is in the works , somebuddy will milk the mindless crowd again , money will flow and all these juicedevils are having a nice party in Hellhaven :)

Life is strange!
@Marveloudio the only things that are strange here are your fixation with the MoFi Coaxials and your constant need to clutter up this otherwise useful forum with conspiracy nonsense and unfounded speculations that don't help anyone.

Andrew Jones is by all accounts a pretty competent speaker designer and if his clients don't feel that they get value for money I doubt they would hire him again. Similarly, if the customers listen to the speakers and don't like what they are hearing I am pretty sure the will just not buy them. If you don't like them, just do the same (and FFS don't spend your time aring your grievances here for no obvious reason - and not benefit to the rest of us).

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 users
At least the TCR - TroubleConeResonances (there have been much better paper cones in the past) are a disappointment ... fancy cab sculpting is no excuse for cheap cone selecting while having (heavily overrated) GURU status in the audio biz or trying to get away with it because the price for the whole speaker is attractive!

Danny needs to make some money ... slaughtering AJ latest and beloved baby seems to be a brute attack but so are the unwritten market rulez : THIS IS AMERICA - kill as much as you can! (sorry for the critisizm but it's the truth)

truth must reign not damn lies ...

All I am asking is let's discuss this thing openly so we all get a clearer picture and learn a bit for the next speaker build , see SBA Satori MW19...

MOUTH WIDE SHUT - ???

@Marveloudio the only things that are strange here are your fixation with the MoFi Coaxials and your constant need to clutter up this otherwise useful forum with conspiracy nonsense and unfounded speculations that don't help anyone.

Andrew Jones is by all accounts a pretty competent speaker designer and if his clients don't feel that they get value for money I doubt they would hire him again. Similarly, if the customers listen to the speakers and don't like what they are hearing I am pretty sure the will just not buy them. If you don't like them, just do the same (and FFS don't spend your time aring your grievances here for no obvious reason - and not benefit to the rest of us).

Thanks for your opinion but there are others too!

Having many opinions is tru democracy , one opinion is communism!

scepticism is healthy , beware of strange fruits!

I don't want to poison myself by listening to others foolish beliefs :)

stay healthy!

The DIY alternative is ignored hear at this AJ fanboy forum :

https://www.soundimports.eu/de/sb-acoustics-mt19cp-8.html

Conspirancy?

facts are ruling our reality but you seem to live in a world of fiction!

Sure easy living is easier ...

Something easy from the past where we had hopes and the brain to cast them into eternal tunes (but that days are over and we live in a piece of ****) :

The SP8 sounds great stock and is pretty competitive at the new $2k price point. It would probably be better to try the speaker before you keep bashing it. I'm not sure how much better Danny's mods would make it but he always aims to flatten out most speakers and address any issues he comes across. Based on the video though, he seems pretty impressed with the speaker overall and has good things to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.