Need help repairing a Fostex PM-1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All.

I have a pair of Fostex PM-1 monitors and the tweeter diaphragm on one has broken, I have tested both with a multimeter and the one in question has an infinite resistance. I have prised away the diaphragm from the magnet leaving me with this:

Shared album - Nick Williams - Google Photos

I have searched on eBay, google etc and I can't find anything similar, so I was wondering what are my options.

I didn't spend much on them and they aren't fantastic so it seems a waste of money paying to getting them fixed so..

1. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement identical?

2. Can I replace the entire tweeter and maintain the symmetry of the speakers or should I replace both entire tweeters? Will I even find any that are suitable and fit the hole?

3. Is it just better to splash the cash and buy a new set of active nearfields? What would you guys recommend? I'm ok up to a few hundred quid.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.