Pluvia 7.2 HD triple reflex series chamber loudspeaker

I’ve ordered my Pluvia 7.2 HD drivers and came across an interesting speaker design. Does the design seem viable? Has anyone built it?

Attachments

• IMG_3495.png
    IMG_3495.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 49
Any chance there are measured response curves for the design?

Unlikely - it's one of the "opportunities" of using these designs. You might be the first to build it. Or perhaps, the first to build AND measure it!

Have a go and see what it sounds like; that's why most of us are here. You might be interested to scroll through nandappe's posts for measured full range builds.

Why would it be 'unlikely'? Since it's 0319 and I'm on my laptop, I'll have to post the FR tomorrow, as it's on my desktop machine. As noted, it's been quite popular with some builders in Japan.

These things are not just pulled out of the air; the fact that I don't post full measurements of every single design I create doesn't mean they don't exist -it means that muggins here unfortunately doesn't have an infinity of time. If I got into that game, I'd be here (and everywhere else, probably) until the next flood happens. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Perhaps unlikely was unfair phrasing - what I really mean is, resources such as FR charts are not always easily found or able to sourced without explicitly asking for them, or knowing who to ask! And I should speak for myself, not others; the personal experiment of trying a design without really knowing precisely what to expect from its sound - and just being excited about a design, not a chart - is what's fun. I think many would relate to this :)

For a project with smaller fullrange / wideband drivers.
The tower form factor seems like the more ideal shape
to just have fun.
The extra space you get from going tall.
Is just asking to have a multi chamber port.
Might as well have fun with the space.

Go for it.
Gives room for being creative with final finish too.
Port has been designed already.
Saves some time, all the works been done.
far as maths and measure.