• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Room FULL of speakers near Vancouver

Fellow diy'ers, the time has come.

This really appeals only to the locals as I'm not really into shipping. Too much going on now, I just need it gone.

Selling the house, so must clear out 30 years worth of the world's best hobby.
Some large, some small, some short, some tall.

Bring your friends, for a spending spree,
Some are expensive, but some are free.

Commercial speakers, bare wood hobby types, and lots of raw drivers. Some NOS, some just old.
This is not my retirement fund so you will be pleased with the prices, except of course with the expensive stuff.
Come rummage around, way too much to dig through and try to list it. Not all items are displayed in the photos.

Altec Lansing, Dynaco, Advent, Paisley, Sony, Selenium, CSS, Realistic, Cerwin Vega, Dahlquist, Community, JVC, HiVi, Motorola, Foster, Polk, Sammi, Airborne, Koss, Mission and Sharp are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Includes:
Dust, at no extra charge.
Partial proceeds will be donated back to diyAudio. Amount depends on how much support this gets.

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpeg
    IMG_0456.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_0458.jpeg
    IMG_0458.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_0460.jpeg
    IMG_0460.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_0461.jpeg
    IMG_0461.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0462.jpeg
    IMG_0462.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0463.jpeg
    IMG_0463.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    463.4 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0468.jpeg
    IMG_0468.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0469.jpeg
    IMG_0469.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0471.jpeg
    IMG_0471.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_0473.jpeg
    IMG_0473.jpeg
    342.9 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0474.jpeg
    IMG_0474.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0490.jpeg
    IMG_0490.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0491.jpeg
    IMG_0491.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0492.jpeg
    IMG_0492.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 433
Reactions: 9 users
Thosr 1803s are mine, Weldon!! :D
I'll believe that when I see you learn how to spell, mister.
Very pleased that I don't!
Ah c'mon my friend, a quick 12 hour flight here without the Missus. Think about the possibilities.
Mind you, how are you at elevation these days, let alone on the tennis court?
Good luck with the sale!
Thank you good sir.
Cal, appreciate you and good luck with the sale and move.
Appreciated. Thing is, I moved 15 years ago but had to keep the house just for speaker storage. ;)
Greener pastures elsewhere or ——— ?
Don my friend, I am going nowhere. Please see the note above. Since 2009, I have lived a but a few kms from my speaker nursery. I call it a nursery as I swear I every time I visit, I wonder what those rascals have been up to. It's getting hard to walk around there anymore. ;)
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey Tom, since 2009, I moved 4 km away from the speaker warehouse. I am going nowhere, I just have to sell the house, and that house has a shipload of speakers in it. That's why I had to move out in the first place. The best person to consult is Mrs. Speakerholic. She weighs half what I do but seems to carry a lot of weight around here. :)

wow brother it has finally happened.

The reality of our hobby is a tough one to accept sometimes. I feel the pain my brother. Many of those speakers have some very fine memories.

The bed room Jimmy's were some very fine work.

I still recall the first set of speakers that you premiered at Al Woollies one fine spring day many years ago. A fine frankenstein of creative craftsmanshiper, a perfectly good set of car speakers turned into a mini R2D2 type setup.

And of course I note the set of speakers my brother made in 1973 high school with coral drivers that you rescued from my sister before they went away elsewhere.

What about the Altec refrigerators in the garage?

I am still keen on the pair of sdx7 mid bass drivers to match the set I have to make a lovely pair of helper woofers for the living room. Hold those for me if you would please.

Take care

I will be down to see you in a few weeks

Off on a camping trip this weekend for a while

Hello brother,
Yes, the time has come.
My head is hanging low.

You have very good memories of our speaker escapades. From far and wide they have come and now they will go.
The large Altec 210 bass bins went away a few years back but I still have the A7 cabinets (pic 0474 above).
I will be keeping some of the larger pieces but most of it has to go.
Yes, you are welcome to the woofers, we just need something robust to fill the holes in the boombox as I plan to keep it for now.
Glad you are enjoying your new toy. Have a good time, hope the weather holds for you.
See you in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Joined 2019
Paid Member
This is one of those times I'm both glad and sad I'm on the wrong side of the ocean. Good luck with it, letting go is a bitter sweet experience.

I have several thousand books and comics I have to part with over the next year. Not looking forward to it, so many good memories...