• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale Selling: Sony VFETs / SITs 2SJ28 and 2SK82 (fully tested with curve tracer and Vgs data)

Things you have for sale.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Edit March 2024: You want parts? Read this post carefully. Do what it says, all of it. Otherwise your PM might not get an answer.

I have a bunch of Sony VFETs 2SJ28 and 2SK82 parts for sale. All parts were tested for gate-source voltage (Vgs) at ±1.6 A drain current (Id) and ±20.0 V drain-source volatge (Vds). There are full curve traces for all parts (Id vs. Vds at Vgs = 0, ±2, ... , ±16 V).

The parts were matched by "curve matching" as explained here.

If you are interested in getting some of these parts:
  • Take a look at the parts lists with parameters (Vgs, gm, μ), curve matching, and curve plots:
  • Select your parts:
    • I recommend to first look at the curve-matching list available at the links above. In short, a low delta-Vgs means a good overall match. Read this to learn how the curve matching works.
    • The parameters list may also be interesting.
    • This post may be useful to learn about parts matching based on their curves.
  • Send me a personal message (PM) here on diyAudio with your part numbers and complete contact details (see below) and I will reserve the parts for you
  • Payment: PayPal preferred
  • Once I receive payment, I will send the parts to you
Price per part is CHF 135.00 CHF 170.00
Shipping and handling is CHF 22.00

Contact details (I need all of this, and I may ignore reservations with incomplete information):
  • Shipping address (first and last name, street / building / number, town, ZIP, country)
  • Your telephone number (including country code)
  • Your email address

Attachments

• example_2SJ28_good_match.png
    example_2SJ28_good_match.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 173
  • example_2SJ28_poor_match.png
    example_2SJ28_poor_match.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I followed all your links.
All I could open was the spreadsheet data
In my first post, click on the links to the curve trace data.
If you want the raw data, click on "curvedata" and then download the data file(s) of the parts you're interested in.
If you want the curve plots, click on "curveplots" and then download the data file(s) of the parts you're interested in.
Did I get that right, the price per single Vfet is equivalent to 218 EUR?
Yes.

I got a few comments regarding the price tag. Don't get me wrong, I do know that the price is very high. At the same time, I also got a few PMs from people saying that they would pay even more f they needed a Sony VFET.

Anyway, to give you a bit of background: I calculated the average cost to acquire the parts. Then I added a fraction of the cost (and time!) to set up the curve tracer. This is how I ended up at the price tag indicated in my first post. I can understand 100% that this is more than what most people want to spend.

Reactions: 1 user
I paid as much in the past, for other parts, I think we understand, I also think it's harder to swallow here, on DIY, among friends than it would be on ebay, or elsewhere. What we know is that they are real and there is little chance of that anywhere else, so I see both sides of this one. I have stashed some sweet parts and I can tell you, if I ever sold, which I won't unless it's raining very hard, I would get what I could get for them.

JT

I have a bunch of Sony VFETs 2SJ28 and 2SK82 parts available (9 pieces each). The full story about these parts is here.

If you are interested in getting some of these parts:
  • Take a look at the the parts list (with Vgs data) here
  • Take a look at the curve trace data here: 2SJ28 and 2SK82
  • Choose your parts and send me a personal message (PM) here on diyAudio with your part numbers and complete contact details (see below) and I will reserve the parts for you
  • Payment: PayPal preferred
  • Once I receive payment, I will send the parts to you
Price per part is CHF 225.00
Shipping and handling is CHF 22.00

Contact details (I need all of this, and I may ignore reservations with incomplete information):
  • Shipping address (first and last name, street / building / number, town, ZIP, country)
  • Your telephone number (including country code)
  • Your email address
Are any still available ? Thank you Keith Dutton

Good news! A fellow diyAudio member sold me his collection of Sony VFETs, which I am currently testing. I will add them to the population of the existing parts once I am done with all the tests. The chances to find good matches will be much better!

Also, the cost per part was lower for the new parts than for the previous ones. If the new parts all turn out to test good, the mean cost per part would be lower, and I might be able to lower the price.

Once the testing of the new parts is done and the dust has settled, I will update the first post with all relevant information.