Soundstream XXX-6500 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I have a problem with this soundstream xxx-6500. it has burned the RF53 resistor and some turns of the secondary deburring of transformer # 1. noi I have too much experience with this topology of amplifiers.
can anybody help me?

thanks

Attachments

• unnamed5.jpg
    unnamed5.jpg
    856.2 KB · Views: 120
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 151
  • unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 138
It's between the secondary ground and the RCA shield ground.

The diagrams are here if you want them.
http://www.bcae1.com/temp/soundstreamxxx6500.zip

Hi, I was just opening a new thread about this amp and I've found this one with Perry courtesy of schematics...

so I jumped on its schematics to compare them with previously ones issued by Perry for nonproof (right?) over a couple years ago, "soundstrem_xxx6500 etc...

that's why I have had -and still having- this Tarantula(ted)! amp on bench for final repair...at last! (after the owner switched for another service who ....)

So my query is JUST about RF53 resistor: I also had to replace this resistor in this same amp as was broken inside... I have replaced with a 47ohm/0,5W as an XXX10.000 previously repaired showed a 47ohm/1W anti-inductive one!

As defect of the actual XXX6.5K amp, besides many other, was no signal on the output stage I have repeatedly checked this resistor and it was even faulty at last, but even replacing with a 220ohm/0,25w it did not solve the problem!!

So, I checked any part by part in the signal path with schematics help and referral, and I found AN ERROR -or better a MISSING- in PART LIST of these schematics, both of them: NO 220ohm resistor is listed there.
No 220OHM in any model resistor is listed: Carbon film nor metal film, chip, or of any wattage...

RF53 is not enumerated as specific part, so I guess the n. code RF53 is between the listed 13pcs of carbon film 0,25w 47ohm, or the 30pcs 100ohm.

May I be right in this deduction?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.