Source for genuine TDA1543s

Hi,
after i heard a 16xTDA1543 DAC I would like to build one myself, but most of the ebay suppliers are a bit strange. The chips they sell all have the same number on them. Are these relabeled fake chips or what is going on there ?
Do you know perhaps where to buy genuine TDA1543s or TDA1545s ? I like the idea to use them in parallel and avoid a complex output stage.

Aliexpress and Taobao sellers both sell chips, that have the same serial numbers, even if you take 20. Is this normal ?
A friend build a DAC with this chips, but he desoldered them from old CD players. All chips have different numbers. But he needed nearly 7 months to find so many cd players, I hope to get the chips faster :)
I know, there are better chips on paper, I already use the TDA1541A S1 and AD R2R chips. I want to try the parallel TDA1543s, because i was very astonished, how they can sound.

Who knows ?
Serial numbers are often the months and years of production mixed with some another informations. So it can be ok but with no gurante that the chips are genuine or not sorted out batch that not passed the quality control perhaps. Hard to know, but post measurements. Well it is not a big monney risk.

Well it is a little to raw for my taste, I prefered the TDA1545A that wasa good chip but with very few DIY. Better to use multiple PM56 or PM58, that sounds waybetter IME. Look for Bernhard multi dac chips here for illustration.

I haven't bought any TDA1543s recently but TDA1545s I have in the past couple of years and had not experienced getting all the same serial numbers. For paralleling - which lowers the noise 3dB for each doubling of chips - I'd recommend TDA1545 over TDA1543 because it starts out lower noise if you run it at 2mA (rather than the default 1mA).

@diyiggy Multiple PCM58 is indeed the way to go to get insanely low noise. And sounds commensurately better than TDA1545 but then it is massively more expensive.

I really wonder if it is not harming than it solves things. How about 8 or 16 chips that have small variation from the plant and due to the substrate? John from ECdesigns have measured that and finally gave up multiple dac chips in a // layout. With two tda1541A for instance this was worst than a standalone and people continued to use two for symetric output or to reduce the resistor i/V value as if that problem was not solved already with a standalone conf.

And all that ground loops and difficult ground layout due to the numbers of AGND and DGND pins, not saying about the front end layout to feed them ! It is already a mess with two mono DAC chip in spite of a standalone stereo output one, so 16 chips! Ahaha could need a FGPA post treatment like R2R dac to solve quantization and linearity ? I do not know, way above my skills.

I haven't bought any TDA1543s recently but TDA1545s I have in the past couple of years and had not experienced getting all the same serial numbers. For paralleling - which lowers the noise 3dB for each doubling of chips - I'd recommend TDA1545 over TDA1543 because it starts out lower noise if you run it at 2mA (rather than the default 1mA).

@diyiggy Multiple PCM58 is indeed the way to go to get insanely low noise. And sounds commensurately better than TDA1545 but then it is massively more expensive.
Hi, yes I also like the PCM58, but as you wrote they are A LOT more expensive and hard to buy here in germany.
I think that TDA1545 would be the way to go, this is why I also mentioned them, but this is also another price point. I would like to try to run 16 TDAs from a battery / supercap source with a as minimal as possible output stage. Its meant for playing around and after that making a good present for friends, I will stay myself on my 2 x TDA1541A S1 differential setup with tube output.

Hi.
I recently bought a 50 piece TDA1543 together with a friend. They appear to be orginal but I haven't had time to check them to see if they work. I am now on holiday and don't even have the opportunity to take a picture. If you are interested I will mobilise and eventually check them out.