Subwoofer Decisions - UM18-22

Hi all,

I've been working on many aspects of a new home theater setup and in the process have built a Full marty sub with an UM18-22.
I thought I'd go big as I could fit it in one corner of the room.

Upon testing, I don't think the corner is ideal, lots of nulls in the room, it's certainly powerful at certain frequencies at certain locations but I'd like to put some
more effort in and I think i'll go dual subs to help even things out.

If I go dual subs, I can't fit another full marty, so its either duall marty cubes, or i'm considering a sealed option.
I have the whole front wall I could use to position those subs, they will fit height wise to go anywhere along there.
I'm not completely sold on ported, as I probably use the system for maybe 70/30 music/movies.
If it's more for music, should I look more towards 2 x sealed subs for the SQ?

Current setup is NX6000D amp, minidsp 2x4hd.

Thanks heaps!

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

Right, we normally want the speakers, listening position (LP and with tall speakers, ear height) at an odd harmonic in 3D.

It's a personal call like vented; for instance my corner loaded subs are tuned to ~14 Hz for the few pipe organ CDs that have some low B content and low enough for HT that in theory is limited to 20 Hz, yet many movies go much lower and probably the best reason overall to go sealed.

You're welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_9668.png
    IMG_9668.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 19