Teac VRDS-9 upgrade

Has anyone had any experiences with VRDS-9?Dac is on 4xpcm1702. On the screen You can see analog for one chanel, starting from output 2xpcm1702.

So far I have changed SM5840AP to SM5842AP (pin-pin, of course the fader and other functions from the processor do not work because they are not connected). I installed an external clock. I changed the capacitors in the power supply, recap - I think it makes no sense. They were good but when I bought them I put them in. Changed chemicon ASF to panasonic FR and FC. I also changed the capacitors in the DAC, (a lot of them around the PCM1702) 4.7uf electrolytes with red WIM MKS2.

It plays better than before, but I can probably still do a lot with an analogue. I would like to change capacitors in signal path 100pf and 1nf on mica and styroflex and resistors for coposite allen bradley or dale.

I have dip8 adapters to get rid of the opamps, which are probably average. They use U/I m5238l and later 2114, probably a filter.

There's a servo board on the bottom of the drive - lots of surface-mount polymer electrolytes. I wonder if they need to be recapped after some time. Polymers from 20 years ago are often average. I have poor experience, their lifespan was different in the past.

I also have a strange problem with the laser. I replaced the original KSS213C from Rotel, where it played without any problems, but in Teac it sometimes skips, freezes and overheats the CD discs. Additionally, sometimes there is a problem with pulling out the drawer. The drive sprocket has been checked and is perfect.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 1000018760.jpg
    1000018760.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 27
So what to do with the fact that despite the new laser, the discs skip, some are not readable, and the laser heats the disc very much? I did not touch the laser settings, the potentiometer is covered with factory glue. I have already checked 4 lasers. Two used and two new high quality. The trail leads to the servo.