TThechnology TT2500.1 protect flashes fast

so protect flashes very fast (5 per/s and wants to build squarewave for power supply mosfets. the initial state i bought it in was blown power supply mosfets and buffers, blown output mosfets. blown trace from coil winding. everything is identical parts exept for buffers those where replaced from l6 m6 to bc846b and bc856b. everything seem to check out on the tl494 and ive tried replacing that one to.

without power supply mosfets it checks out fine with squarewave.
it builds both rail voltage to 65v. could my dc power supply be insufficent for the power surge needed for the initial startup so it glitches?
any tips i can have?

If you have an oscilloscope and lab PSU with ammeter, try to see in the former if square wave appears instantly while looking the ammeter. If a large peak of current is eated, so a powerful shortcircuit remains.

If not, try a car battery in series with a large filament lamp like 75W or more from front lights. Usually they have two filaments, use the one with larger power. It not only limits current if fault persists, also is a rudimentary ammeter. Discard discharge and led bulbs.