• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultra-High Performance Stereo RCA to True Balanced XLR Converter

All,

I have designed a stereo RCA (single-ended) to XLR (balanced) converter.

I will have both fully assembled and bare boards available.
Fully Assembled boards: 150 to 180 USD + shipping depending on interest
Bare boards: 12 to 18 USD + shipping depending on interest, see BOM in attachments.

Parts used are OPA1622 as initial buffer to OPA1632 for SE to balanced conversion.

Input impedance: is 47k
Output impedance: is 100 ohm.
Gain: 2.5V/V or 8dB (can easily be adjusted if you get the bare boards with resistor values)
Input Voltage: 9V
Onboard very low noise LDOs: LT3090 and LT3042

Can be ordered at link below, with 20% off, coupon code is "rcaxlr". Delivey in June/July.
https://orchardaudio.com/product/rca-to-xlr-converter-module/

Thanks;
Leo

Attachments

• RCA_toXLR.JPG
    RCA_toXLR.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 269
  • RCA_to_XLR_BOM_Rev1.0.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 136
  • RCA_XLR_Dimentions.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I see that this has a Switchcraft 722RA power connector. What is the recommended power supply with the proper connector for this converter?
I do not see anything on the BOM.

I use the 9V one from the series below because this is what I already use with my streamer, however, 24W is not needed for the RCA to XLR adapter, you can get any of the lower power ones that CUI makes.
https://www.cui.com/product/external-ac-dc-power-supplies/desktop/sdi24-u-series

You can also use the ifi power 9V ones, more expensive though, and not needed as the board already has LDO built in.

Reactions: 1 user