Wiring of TRS microphone

Hi, in order to add an external input microphone line to my camera, I will add a 3.5mm TRS connector (such as this one) to switch between internal and external microphone. I intend to plug a basic condenser microphone, the Rode Videomicro that should fits my needs (link). The procedure is quite straightforward, open the camera body, cut the wire and that's all (here's an example link). It seems to work since people are doing it, but I still have some questions, I'm curious by nature.

From what I saw on internet, the TRS wiring should be the following :
  • Tip : input (mic -)
  • Ring : +5V bias (mic +)
  • Sleeve : ground
Source : hobby-hour and speechrecsolutions . I was expecting to find more "reliable" sources than random internet webpages so I'd like to have your opinion on this.

Also, do you think that the external microphone should be grounded with the rest of the camera board ? People seems to only link the two cables used by the internal microphone and finding a spot to solder an external ground cable on the camera board may be challenging.

This may be a bit off topic for this forum but I didn't see where I could ask recommandations...