• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XA252 PoP R1

I have for sale a few more PoPs, R1 this time.

These can be tuned to have more or less flavor so it can suit all tastes by changing a few key components in the front end. Depending on your taste you can mention what exactly you want, less flavor meaning less thd.
From the strongest flavored to the light flavored at some power levels the thd is half.
Please see the new thd graphs at the bottom of the post where I compare the same module setup in 2 different ways.

24-06-20 18-29-30 7335.jpg

Since some time I go ahead with the Xa252 PoP being the reference amp in my system.
This time I built it a bit different than last time. I wanted an amp that can be tuned to more or less flavor so I got it.

I am using fqa28n15 and fqa36p15 in the ops.

It can work from +/-16v to +/-24.5v. Bias is preset at 1.4a

I call this PoP R1 and the schematic looks like this
Screenshot_20.jpg

Stable as before when handling square waves
24-06-18 12-18-57 7279.jpg

The new pcb has same drill hole pattern as R0
pop fixing.jpg

And here some thd measurements
1w4r.jpg

1w8r.jpg
10w4r.jpg
10w8r.jpg
20w4r.jpg
20w8r.jpg
40w4r.jpg

All modules are tested and working. If no preference for the thd the modules will ship with the stronger flavor.

Price for 2 channels 160€ + free shipping for now

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users