small progress:

IMG_7482.jpg
IMG_7481.jpg
IMG_7482.jpg
IMG_7481.jpg
IMG_7480.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
HI,

Some progress and one step back. Having the TT on a stand with wheels useful to see at 360 degree the TA and more easy the settings otherwise pretty complicated in my case.

Since I am not so confident it shall work well, before to use one of my DL 103 I purchase a cheap AT cart.

Rgds

Adelmo

IMG_7495.jpg

IMG_7496.jpg

Adelmo,

congratulations on your progress. These arms are not easy, but you have gotten farther than most who have tried. I suggest at this point, leave the wires in a loose loop while you assemble, adjust, and test the arm. Very slight wire friction can be a problem.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Tks for the suggestion and for the past help too to you but also to all of the people of the forum. Now I understand it better, to have a steady TT and perfect levelling of the TA is really a must. I can level well the one by one all the components, the TT, the TA support and I also have 3 screw to further level the TA post. Since my accuracy as DIY is not good enough, I may need to reach an overall compromise on the levelling.

The wire I use are made of copper, 30 strands x 0.04mm diameter for each strand, covered by silk. Sonic wise they do sound pretty good and are also flexible enough. They come out from the arm wand in the rotation point, I will keep lose as suggested.

What seemed easy to make in reality is a present pending problem, it is the vertical bearing Supatrac style but with 2 pivots. It works well in vertical, but I have problem to set the TA at the neutral balance position, just lifting up a bit more and the TA goes out of gravity centre and drops towards the back.
Perhaps I have a too heavy arm wand and too high, combined to a too short strings.......
Shall try to figure it out these days.

In the mean time I have started to shape the magnetic cam using a 2.2mm soft steel wire and different mags in diameter and thickness to see the best combination. First 2 choice are Diam 4mm x 1.5mm and also 5mm x 1.5mm to see which one works better. I have tested the mags on the wire and seems that the vertical attraction is high, but can easily slide along the line of the metal wire. Shall see.

Tks n rgds

Adelmo