MarkAudio CHR-90 (new size full-range driver)

Impedance:8Ω
Frequensy range:44Hz~28kHz
Power:40W
PSL:89.36dB
fo:44.3Hz
Mms:4.9661g
Qms:2.4647
Qes:0.4212
Qts:0.3598
Vas:26.1403L
Re:6.8Ω
Sd:0.0085m2
Xmax:7mm(1way)

CHR90-01.jpg

CHR90-02.jpg

CHR90-03.jpg

CHR90-04.jpg

Dear,mp9

I'm sorry, I haven't bought it yet.
I think I can report it in the near future.
Looking forward to it as well as seeing what you do with them. I like higher sensitivity speakers for use with low watt tube amps, this new driver doesn't look bad for a 5" wide-band.

Btw, have you built and or do you have have any interesting box plans for the A12p?

Last edited:
Thank you @nandappe.

I think HB-16F is ~ the same volume as the Mar-Ken12pxwT 0v82 Alpair 12p | designed & drawn by dld © 2010-15 planet 10 which IIRC was intended more as a mid-high unit to sit atop a LF driver box. I'm guessing a similar LF tuning too, IDK, never saw sims for the Mar-Ken12pxwT design.

I think the SdDBLH isa room friendly size, how low does it go, -3db point?
I don't understand the Stagger damp-Duct Back-loaded Horn concept. I'm sure my terminology is off here but I thought the terminus of a horn is always the largest expansion point of the "fair". To me, the SDDBLH looks like a type of Transmission Line.

I don't understand the Stagger damp-Duct Back-loaded Horn concept. I'm sure my terminology is off here but I thought the terminus of a horn is always the largest expansion point of the "fair". To me, the SDDBLH looks like a type of Transmission Line.

It is. On both counts. A horn is a pipe that expands toward the terminus, which this [these] do. It may or may not be impedance matched to the QW cutoff frequency; the less impedance matching there is, the more you're relying on the QW / TL / resonant action. In the case of these boxes, from a technical POV, both the 'Stagger Damp Duct Back Loaded Horn' and the 'Hyper Bass Reflex' are simply mass-loaded horns, i.e. back loaded bass horns with a choked down terminus.

The former appears to have twin pipes [horns] of different lengths to provide differential tuning. Usually the idea is that you provide sufficient offset that the shorter pipe fills in any harmonic nulls of the longer & evens out the response. Differentially tuned pipes have cropped up on & off in different forms for years; some of the more popular are Horst's designs, although the measurements suggest he's still getting a null in the 100Hz - 200Hz region in many cases. Since these are mildly mass-loaded, they're probably not seeing as many harmonic nulls as they might otherwise have, so the effect is somewhat reduced.