GRS Frequency response graphs

Hi, I'm new on the audio world and maybe this is a stupid question or is not the correct site to post it.

I was looking for some woffers and I saw on the soundimports shop a woffer that is very cheap and it's frequency response graph looks too good to be true.

It's the GRS 4PF-8 4", it costs around 6 euros. Im surprised because I didn't see any other driver of this brand with frequency response graph.

pdf_GRS_4PF-8_1.JPG

I think that maybe there is an error on the graph and is not from this drive, looks more from a full 2 way or 3 way speaker.

Here is the driver:
Buying a GRS 4PF-8 woofer? - SoundImports
You can see the response graph on the "Data sheet" button.

Last edited:
Weird graph.

1. The impedance remains between 1 and 5 ohms?
2. Frequency response is hard to read on the 120 dB (!) scale. A scale this large makes everything look flat.
3. Frequency response seems to be +- 4 dB between 200 and 1000 Hz. A 4" driver cannot be this bad, so it has to be something else. Maybe cabinet edge diffraction of a huge cabinet?
4. Frequency response hovers around 90 dB, yet the driver is rated 84 dB.
5. The combined graph is titled 'impedance' only

I guess the graph refers to a Bose 901, loaded with GRS RSB901-1 drivers.

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Look at Allen's rescaling of the graph. Not good at any price.

I know, I tried a pair. Total waste of money, a big weak magnet looks good, but a dinky car door speaker sounds better.

Don't believe me? Buy a pair, let us know what you think. Maybe they are inconsistent, and some are good.

Just don't get 40 till you try them.