The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Emilke
Emilke_02.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Started teststuffing my tqwt’s this evening. We got some rain and a for me welcome drop in temp. Started with some glassfiber topped with a wool layer in the narrow pipeside pocket. Did not affect output level at all but did a welcome smoothing of some nasty peaks and dips, especially one dip around 100 almost went away. Listeningwise more relaxed and at the same time better attack in the midbase. Less blurry. Very happy with the results, hopefully tbc tomorrow before attending some eggpunk concert with among others Snõõper from Nashville in the evening. Weekend pubsters!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Same song I used to demonstrate the unpublished, not public domain, VU meter driver PCB that I sent to @6L6 for his yet-to-be-completed ButtKick3.0 amplifier. He's got (had?) the video. She certainly does bounce the needles from left to right, and vigorously so. Put the song in your rotation if you're tuning up a meter drive system.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Mark,
does 6L6 want to have that classic look of big bouncing needles?
Did he dismantle the cockpit of an older aircraft?
Pointer instruments for 'engine temp' or 'ampere meter' could be a nice possibility to give his
ButtKick3.0 amp the look of a WW2-fighterplane. Perhaps a touch of a P-51 Mustang... :)
Have a nice weekend!
Dirk

Well,

I am playing around with another 'tool'.
I am testing, if I can build a kind of a 'pizza - cutter', that moves from outside to the centerpoint
of the 12 -inch -Pizza in concentric circles. The Pizza would be cut into a very thin strip.
Now I could eat the Pizza like a Spaghetti...
If the Pizza is cut, I will try to mount a MovingCoil on it. Test, Test...
Greets
Dirk

Attachments

• Tangential_project1.jpg
    Tangential_project1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 1 user