First Watt F7 review

Hey guys.
New to the forum, well not quite new just used it as a source of information in the past. Im very keen on a F7 build. Do we have any ETA when the official schematic will be released?

Seen plenty clones being spoken about on this thread just would love to see the official version vs the clones.

So many clever guys on this forum. Keep up the great work all

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well, if you want to understand, it's possible only with your head

:clown:

if looking at principal scheme of inverting OP, you have 2 resistors in NFB loop - one folding back from output to negative input, second one in series - in between source and negative input

as that, negative input can be declared as virtual GND for NFB loop, so source is having one resistor between its output and (virtual) GND, so value of said resistor can be declared as Rin of entire stage

little more complicated when having all that gismo at output (establishing current positive feedback) but roughly it's still as that

I started on an F7 clone a two years ago and got halfway there, then Covid and other stuff happened that summer.
Anyway, it works, it sounds nice and all but I didn't get positive feedback working properly. If anyone inside EU (postage..) want to continue this project, give me a ping.
Boards from mareli include an unused PS board. Mosfets are Exicon Ecw20p(n)20.

Reactions: 1 user
trying to build my own F7 clone maybe i miss something but i don't understand that at the jfet input there are one series 39K resistor and one 39K to ground so it should be a 78K input impesance and not a 10K ?
Maybe there are approximately 10K resistors across the inputs right at the connectors themselves. We don't know as there is no official schematic and by the looks of the actual boards posted by some magazines it doesn't look like any 10K resistors on the boards themselves. I have a sim and with just the 39K resistors the input impedance is 100K (Vin/Iin).

Thank you Nelson.I didn't expect an answer from the boss himself. Reason I ask is my rendition has a tested df of about 15 at 1khz yet spice predicts about 80. I was hoping that the real mccoy was tested at a lower f and the df wasn't flat. Back to the drawing board. ☹️
Found my problem, bad connection in my wiring to the cct board. I am using M/F crimp on spade connectors. All good now.