Need +/- 24 volts PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If they use decent parts, this board seems to be a reasonable low cost option for line or headphone amplifier PSU. It uses a floating LM317 per side to get up to 35 volts out. Any first hand experience with this?

Class A Parallel Regulated Power Supply Finished Board | eBay
Picture1.jpg

I used to use LT1083 based dual channel PSU. But they are getting expensive and harder to find.

Last edited:
Hi, If you want a power supply for a MC phono stage then any LM317 or associated P/S will come up short.
I used to use 4 SLA batteries, but last year took a chance on one of these after good write up from various members. 5-28V STUDER900 Regulator Power Supply Board Can Assembled Into Double Powe M7J9 | eBay

I can report that it is very quite, even quieter than SLA batteries, Only way to go for phono circuits.

Cheers

@thuanth43
That Studer900 psu is excellent. I used many of them to power to power my headphone amps with great satisfaction.

Their listing is confusing....is it a board only or a full kit board and components...?

Last edited:
Studer 900 PSU

Hi, If you want a power supply for a MC phono stage then any LM317 or associated P/S will come up short.
I used to use 4 SLA batteries, but last year took a chance on one of these after good write up from various members. 5-28V STUDER900 Regulator Power Supply Board Can Assembled Into Double Powe M7J9 | eBay

I can report that it is very quite, even quieter than SLA batteries, Only way to go for phono circuits.

Cheers
Thank you for the tip. I found this link with the schematic.
low noise Pre-Amp / DAC power supply MJE15034 TL072 Regulator based on STUDER 900

I assume that you are referring to the e-bay kit, not a genuine Studer 900. The price is right, about the same as a dual channel LT1083 PSU board. I will order one of this Studer 900 clone to check it out.

It's a kit with components. You need to assemble it yourself.

Thank you for your reply !

That is what I had hoped :)
I have ordered one...
Assembly is not a problem...:D

Enjoyable festivities to you and yours !!
The kit that needs assembly is going for under $20 on e-bay. There are also several offer of fully assembled PSU for $7-10 more.

I ordered the kit which should arrive early next January.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.