Advice needed: adding a Supertweeter to Axiom 201 Goodmans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using a series capacitor in the range 1uF to 2.2uF gives a gradual filter slope of 6dB per octave and is the simplest arrangement.

Details are also given in the link above for three steeper 12dB/octave LC filters, each giving a different crossover frequency.

If the sensitivity of the supertweeter exceeds that of the Axiom 201 you will require to add an attenuator between crossover and supertweeter. The simplest way of doing this is to add a variable L-pad attenuator.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
I've done a search and suggestions are using a capacitor as a crossover is a simple way to do this ( but what value? ) and can I add an 8 Ohm super tweeter to this ( very efficient ) 16 Ohm speaker? :Goodmans Axiom 201's

Thanks for any and all assistance ( ! )

I really like the Fostex T90A. It is more expensive than the entry level super tweeters but the sound quality is also much better. The sensitivity is 106 dB so you have many options for X/O frequency and slope and attenuation. Can you get to Akihabara easily? There should be plenty of vendors there with Fostex super tweeter first hand knowledge not to mention all of the parts you might ever need for experimenting with crossovers. I have used mine with just a simple capacitor only, also I have used 2nd order X/O and I have tried it with and without attenuation. I am over 60 years old; I fine tune the ST for my personal taste and upper octave hearing loss just by listening tests (and depending on what it mates to midrange, fullrange, etc.; experimenting with many options is the fun part for me!).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.